I'm not sure this is the correct forum. I have a Waukesha VRD 155 diesel engine powering an air compressor on a trailer. It is used in the water well drilling process. I'm having the injection pump rebuilt, it has many problems. I was under the gun to get the injection pump to the rebuilder, so. I removed the pump without having engine on TDC #1, figuring I would be able to find the necessary information to find #1 TDC while the injection pump is being worked on. I am having little success locating the info. The engine is mounted inside an enclosure that makes it difficult to remove valve cover to use the valve train position to get TDC. Are there any other marks to aid in finding TDC? Transmission, front crank pulley, or some other location? on these engines. Hoping so. Any info or direction to find it is greatly appreciated in advance. .
I have the same problem. working on a 4400 Versatile swather. Owner pulled pump without looking at any timing marks. Is there a mark somewhere on flywheel area to find tdc?
U don’t need to find TDC.. U have a RoosaMaster/Stanadyne inj pump.?? Look on the end of the pump drive shaft.. it should still be in the engine.. On the end of the dr shaft is a DOT.. when u get the pump back, remove the cap plug in the end and look inside.. there will be a DOT.. Replace the seals on the drive shaft and put a new oring on the mounting flange.. LUBE THE SEALS AND PILOT TUBE..(Vasoline or clean engine oil) Put the pump on, DOT TO DOT.. That will get u started without finding TDC or worrying about turning the engine and possibly skipping a tooth or 2 on the drive gear.. Once u get it started, we can revisit the timing.. Same goes with the other poster if he has a similar inj pump.. DOT TO DOT..