Have a D6T that wont start. Everything works but the starter wont engage. any suggestions?
Starter won't engage like the starter spins but doesn't engage the engine, or the starter won't make a sound? Put a test lead on the small terminal on the solenoid and see if you're getting power when you try to crank it, or see if it cranks when you give it power. Then you know if you have a starter/solenoid issue, or a wiring/switch issue. If everything goes dim when you try to start then check your batteries/cables/connections.
Don't know if this is relevant or not, but the D10T's that I worked on a few years ago had a starter isolator. From memory it was under a door on the LHS of the machine just in front of the cab, in with the main battery isolator. It isolates the starter but leaves the rest of the electrics working. Don't know if the D6T is the same. Of course you may have a different problem but it pays to check the simple things first......
Need more information. "Everything works" as in the dashboard powers up when you first turn the key to the "ON" position..? By "starter won't engage" does it actually spin or not. There's only one master switch as far as I can see, but a machine Serial Number would help. There are about 20 different variations of D6T. I'm sure we had something like this not long ago, but not sure if it was a 6R or a 6T - Edit, it was actually a 5N. Ended up being a broken wire between the key switch and the engine ECM.
Nige, do all the D10T's have the two isolators like I mentioned, or was it maybe just specific to the site I was working at?
D10T all have 2 master switches, one for the starter the other for the rest of the machine.
Howdy Pilgrim My name is Duke Welcome to the Forum