Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WB Werk Brau 24″ HD backhoe bucket – deal or no deal?

DirtIsMyName ยท 2011-07-14 21:42

If I buy a new Werk Brau 24" HD backhoe bucket for $700 is that a good deal, bad deal, great deal or so-so deal? Are there gotchas like different mount, coupler required, etc? Is the weight a concern? I'm at the look before I leap place, what should I be looking at?

Replies6
  1. #1lgammon2011-07-14 21:48

    if it fits your hoe i would say pretty fair deal.

  2. #2DirtIsMyName2011-07-15 08:27

    Where does go on a scale from "keep looking" to "buy two if they got 'em"? The old one is done digging till I fabricate a new bottom and sides, I will fix it but it will take some time.

  3. #3DirtIsMyName2011-07-19 07:46

    I bought the bucket at the end of last week so I could dig over the weekend. Then it rained all weekend and I didn't do very much. I did get a couple little things finished that I didn't want to leave hanging. It seems like a good bucket, noticably heavier than the original rusted out bucket and with very sharp teeth like little axes. You could chop wood with this thing without trying too hard. I could have gotten an almost new Case bucket for about the same price but the dealer didn't find it and get back to me until Monday. If I could have looked at both and made a choice I may have for the original replacement.

  4. #4JCBiron2011-07-20 16:09

    $700 for a Brand New WB 24" bucket is a great deal.....less than what I can order one for actually....I'd of bought two! Nice find.

  5. #5gmoon2011-07-25 16:02

    How about used? I have an opportunity to buy 3 for one price .. 18", 24", and 36". Fair value for well used, but still usable set of these 3?

  6. #6DirtIsMyName2011-07-25 22:20

    I am not familiar enough with the market to give you prices but when I was looking for used buckets I didn't see many buckets for less than $300. Some were missing teeth, etc.