Am i asking to much for the size of my machine to push 48"x48"x6" pieces of concrete using size swing of the machine. I got them moved but it didn't want to push them through material also
what machine and brand
In another thread he states it's a PC50uu-1.
Side sweeping has got to be one of the hardest things you can do with a excavator. Having said that, I do it a lot as it just seems to do a better job especially when you don't have the correct bucket at the time. In the next couple of days I am going to change the stick/boom connection bushings/pin due to excessive side sweeping ointhead. All other bushings are tight except for the arm, so minimal sweeping from now on. At the same time we replace the bushings I am also going to make up a removable grading blade to use with my toothed bucket to help prevent the need for sweeping. IMO the answer to your question; probably more than you should be moving.
Side swipeing/sweeping (either using the 360 rotation or boom offset) is the worst thing you can do the machine so best to be avoided if possible. I only tend to do it with loose bits of turf or light brush/grass/roots as these are loose and pose minimal resisitance (e.g If I feel resistance through the lever let alone from the machine then I wont push any further!!) Luckily semi-hitches and quick hitches make changing to a grader bucket quick and easy so lessening the desire to cheat and side swipe!!
So it would be better to re-position and use a different boom function, and/or use the blade.
If you look at the stress that is being applied to the arm, boom and joints it makes sense not to side sweep. They limit the power for that function for a reason IMO. I use that function mostly to finish large areas of topsoil, when no other bucket available. Using the heal works fine but wears the heal and takes a lot longer. The biggest problem is when you strike an in-movable object like a rock when swinging especially with a load in the bucket
Yep, Try to lock/compress the concrete between the bucket and the blade e.g put the blade at ground level just in front of the concrete, then get the bucket underneath the other edge of the concrete and press it up against the dozer blade - after this it may also help to raise the blade to lift the concrete off the ground a bit further and increase the tension between the blade and bucket. This way should allow you to positon the concrete close to if not exactly where you want it.
:drinkup completely agree, find a different approach