Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wear liners for komatsu hd 465

Firemanmike69 ยท 2016-09-01 06:55

Just got finished adding 10" side boards and a wear liner in this truck. All the welding was with .045 Lincoln ultracore 71a75 dual dual shield wire, burned about 170lbs of it in total

Replies9
  1. #1Firemanmike692016-09-01 06:57

    More pics Who needs a chipping hammer anyway?

  2. #2lantraxco2016-09-01 13:15

    Looking good! How much time did that job take?

  3. #3Firemanmike692016-09-01 18:10

    Between prepping the bed and making everything fit properly about 3 weeks Next time I'm making my own sideboards, I figure I can save 3-4 days by not having to trim and bend them to fit

  4. #4BlazinSS9342016-09-02 08:09

    damn! That looks like a job from hell! Hope you had a helper, is hate to go up and down that later 47 times a day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5John C.2016-09-02 12:25

    Those things usually travel in herds. How many more do you have to do?

  6. #6Brodiesel2016-09-02 18:25

    Good stuff. I like the images. Reminds me when I worked at Peterson CAT, I can't weld worth a damn but we had some 777's delivered in pieces and I watched the weld shop assemble the dump beds for a few weeks, it was really cool.

  7. #7Firemanmike692016-09-02 22:01

    Yea had a helper for most of it, pretty much put a bunch of stuff at a time on a pallet and brought it up and down on the forklift We have two more this size, all already sold Thanks!

  8. #8DoyleX2016-09-03 09:24

    Looks great. Always liked a job you could burn for a couple hours at a time especially in the winter. What are you powering your LN25 with? How many hundreds of weld feet?

  9. #9Firemanmike692016-09-03 09:33

    Wish it was winter we had just about the two hottest weeks of the year when I was fitting and welding We're powering the shops LN-25 with a Lincoln DC-600 and they rented my personal 12vs extreme and I ran that off one of their service trucks bobcat 250 Just about 900 weld feet.