Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weathered Models

Graham ยท 2009-04-24 22:59

What do you guys think of weathered models? Here are some I did. Thanks! http://constructionscalemodels.webs.com/completedmodels.htm

Replies16
  1. #1sandbox2009-04-25 11:01

    pretty awesome

  2. #2D5G2009-04-25 11:05

    Nice job Graham, looks good.

  3. #3N.CarolinaDozer2009-04-25 11:25

    Good job, but I would be afraid to do that to one of my models. You should bust a couple of those lights on that 825 for a real affect.

  4. #4Graham2009-04-25 12:02

    Thanks everyone. I don't mind ripping up a Norscot or First Gear model. They look much more realistic in the diorama lol.

  5. #5Speedpup2009-04-25 18:46

    Really looks good can you give any insight on how you do it? Thanks!

  6. #6Graham2009-04-25 23:05

    http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=117807 That explains most of it. I'm glad he took the time to write it out. I strip everything down. I also make my own washes by mixing up those little bottles of acrylics that come in every color with water. That's how I added the rock dust to the 330DL. I also have an earth tone pastel set (same as the micro mark one) that came from Hobby Lobby for $5.00. Washes bring out recessed areas, pastels get raised areas. Be prepared to buy a lot of supplies! And the rusting solution takes forever. Also add rustall to bare diecast. Too bad DHS is ran by kids now :Banghead

  7. #7CAT D9H2009-04-26 17:25
  8. #8Speedpup2009-04-26 17:46

    thanks Graham

  9. #9Graham2009-04-26 17:58

    Yeah, one of those kid's got me suspended lol. I've had enough. No wonder no one posts there. I like this forum much better.

  10. #10LogDog2009-04-29 22:16

    nice work

  11. #11dirtpusher92009-04-30 19:00

    Very nice work, and patience.

  12. #12HCF2010-10-23 02:28

    What do you use for stripper? I just wanted to do track pads and under carriage for the time being but was wondering what stripper was the best for this kind of stuff.

  13. #13digger242j2010-10-23 11:46

    That's why we like them hosted here on HEF, rather than using the IMG code...

  14. #14HCF2010-11-14 20:12

    can you turn the img code back on here in the models section?:notworthy

  15. #15Steve Frazier2010-11-14 21:26

    Our policy is to have pictures uploaded to our server within the threads. This one is a perfect example of why, the pictures described here are no longer hosted at the address given. By uploading to our server they become a permanent part of the thread. That's the way we want it.

  16. #16HCF2010-11-14 21:31

    Steve, No disrespect to you by my ignorance of computers was intended. Is there a thread to explain how to upload pics to your server? Oh. Btw. I really enjoy this forum. The models threads and the forestry section as well. Thanks again.