Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weeks Marine 529 Dredging Crane On Barge video

cat 325ccr ยท 2008-11-12 15:54

caught this down in staten island n.y. .........Weeks Marine 529 Dredging Crane On Barge video- http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rTbN1F6mv7s

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies5
  1. #1stretch2008-11-28 16:12

    Who makes the cranes for these dredges? I can never ID them with a particular make.

  2. #2brassman802008-12-04 21:15

    There was a video I saw a while back, of a larger barge crane with a grapple placing 10+ ton boulders as erosion control. I was wondering if anyone has seen this video, or could tell me what kind of contractor would be hired for such a task? seems to be a cooler crane type of job.

  3. #3cannonman2008-12-27 22:28

    a mystery Weeks is one of the largest marine contractors in the world...and apparently one of the best at keeping their equipment manufacturers a secret. They plaster everything in red and put company numbers and logos all over everything. I went to their web site and despite a ton of pics...unless you really can tell the equipment by profile..you're screwed.

  4. #4Buckethead2008-12-27 23:39

    I think it's either a Clyde or an American.

  5. #5Longboom2009-01-18 18:44

    Clam Buckets &^$$^&* Man, if I never hook up to a clamshell bucket again, it'll be too soon There fun to run for about an hour,...... after that, It Aint No Fun. I've run them for months at a time and it seems as though you never get done LOL.