Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weight of a D4H

Lil' Dirt Mover ยท 2016-05-13 22:51

A few questions I hope someone would be kind of enough to answer if they can. I know a normal D4H weights right at 22000 pounds. Currently I'm looking at buying a D4 H XL with an enclosed cab with Heat and air. How much more does it weight roughly than one with out a cab and also what is the different between a D4h and D4H XL? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1JS3002016-05-14 00:21

    I could be wrong but pretty sure a XL has one extra bottom roller so there is more track on the ground. I would guess 2k or so for the cab.

  2. #2Nige2016-05-14 03:51

    Weight of a D4H XL is quoted at "approximately" 25,930 pounds according to the Cat Performance Handbook.

  3. #3Lil' Dirt Mover2016-05-15 11:01

    Thank you both for your help and time!

  4. #4JS3002016-05-15 21:13

    When I was looking at for a dozer I was told the D4H engines can not be resleeved. Not sure if that's corect but if so it's something to consider when buying.