Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

weiler screed heater

SLTFMM · 2023-05-16 05:15

We have a Weiler P385B left screed heater and extension heater not working. Can anyone tell me what voltage is supplied to the heaters from the generator?

Replies20
  1. #1Axleshaft2023-10-07 22:50

    P385B generators put out 240v. Check at the breakers (1 for each side) for 240v. Can also check and make sure you have 60 hertz at generator.

  2. #2AnnaRich12024-01-10 18:17

    Were you able to figure yours's out? I am currently having the same problem with my paver. The breakers keep tripping and we dis connected the heating elements from the generator and they still Tripping only 1 can be on at a time.

  3. #3Axleshaft2024-01-10 18:41

    Breakers can get weak if they have been tripped a lot. Disconnect the heating element harness from back of the paver. See if the breakers trip after that’s disconnected and running. That will determine if the heater harness is shorted.

  4. #4AnnaRich12024-01-11 07:09

    We did that. We disconnected the heating elements and the breakers kept tripping. Only 1 can be on at a time never both and they both apparently have been tested and seem fine. I'm completely stumpted

  5. #5Vetech632024-01-11 07:38

    Will both breakers stay in the reset/on position before you engage the generator? You may want to check the connections for tightness, especially inside the breaker panel.

  6. #6AnnaRich12024-01-11 08:05

    The breakers stay on before we engage the generator it's only after we send power to the generator

  7. #7AnnaRich12024-01-11 08:06

    I'm checking connections but it's there any way it could be the hydro pump not pumping good enough?

  8. #8Vetech632024-01-11 08:07

    Do this ^ before anything else.

  9. #9Vetech632024-01-11 08:08

    Very unlikely. I take care of 4 Weiler P385B's.............never had a hydraulic problem with the generator. Its usually wire chaffing or a loose electrical connection 95% of the time.

  10. #10AnnaRich12024-01-11 08:11

    Awesome thank you I'm gonna try this and check it all now

  11. #11Vetech632024-01-11 08:12

    I did have a generator fail once.....but it would trip both breakers.

  12. #12AnnaRich12024-01-11 08:15

    this generator only trips one at a time so I can use the left side then I can use the right side. But we also took the generator out of my other paver that I was sending to auction and put it in this one and it's having the same problem

  13. #13AnnaRich12024-01-11 13:57

    nothing is loose and I still have the problem honestly the paver won I can't figure it out might need to call ring power

  14. #14Axleshaft2024-01-11 22:35

    Before you get Ring Power out, check out the attached files I posted. These are directly from Weiler's P385B training. If everything checks out good after using the attached files to troubleshoot, I'd replace breakers, capacitors and relays. Part numbers below. If you have 25 amp breakers, Weiler updated them to 30A due to a lot of issues with them. Capacitors (x2): 21587C4 Breakers (x2): 54293 Relays (x2): 13399

  15. #15AnnaRich12024-01-12 06:57

    I'm gonna go do this right now thank you. Do you know what would be the best trouble shooting book i can buy for this paver

  16. #16Axleshaft2024-01-13 03:02

    Operation/Maintence manual and parts book. Weiler offers no troubleshooting guide for their products. I use the parts book to aid in r&i and how systems work/interact. Maintenance manual gives procedures for all the adjustments on the machine. Those two books can get you pretty far and should been in the black case on your machine.

  17. #17AnnaRich12024-01-15 06:36

    Well the capacitors were apparently bad. They weren't being tested correctly. Thank you for your help after I receive the capacitors I ordered and put them in I will let you know.

  18. #18Mason harris2025-05-15 15:00

    Hello I’m having issues with my p385b. I check my voltage was only getting 160 volts pulled the cover off shaft my RPM with breakers on is only 2880 and with breakers off is 3620. If I turn the adjuster up if a breaker trips it will over speed generator?

  19. #19Tarveytech2025-07-25 07:50

    Where did you access these training files? I have a Weiler customer portal but I’m unable to find any training on diagnostics. Is it intended for dealer only? These were key in solving my slow screed heat up time, thank you!

  20. #20Axleshaft2025-07-25 20:58

    I get these training files during yearly factory training by Weiler. I'm going to assume since the files aren't on their website its not meant for customers to see. Glad I could help