Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weirdest or most profitable hooklift beds?????

Jasexc ยท 2016-01-30 19:31

Thinking about the hooklift business. You always see dump beds, dumpster beds, and flat beds but im looking for something very innovative that nobody around does so i can start out with a leg up on the compition right out of the gate. I already have a very stable business (not hooklift) just looking to add this to the portfolio to be better diversified.

Replies8
  1. #1jhark1232016-01-30 19:44

    Well, I am thinking of getting an asphalt patch bed for mine. Not sure where you are at, but you could get a deicer, water tank, septic pump tank, etc. What is your current business. Right now I just use mine for my general contracting business. Mine is a s/a GMC 33k gross. I have a flatbed and 5yd gravel box. I've also built a septic pump tank and will start pumping this year. In the future (when I get a bigger yard for my company), I'd like to start running containers.

  2. #2CM19952016-01-30 19:54

    Welcome to the Forums jhark123!

  3. #3Jasexc2016-01-30 20:55

    Jhark123 i just mentioned a honey dipper bed to my wife and she thought i was crazy...but then again everything i have bought so far my wife said no but i get and do great haha. What would you haul water for?? We haul saltwater and crude oil in my area but lots saltwater truck sitting right now with oil down. The asphalt patcher, you mean just patching potholes in parking lots? I havent done asphalt before but im sure my guys could learn

  4. #4jhark1232016-01-30 21:52

    Thanks

  5. #5jhark1232016-01-30 21:56

    Asphalt patching is super easy. Pay can be decent depending on the number of outfits in your area. That's why I asked what your current business is. I already install septics, so it's a natural fit to pump them. In my area water trucks are mainly used for construction site dust control.

  6. #6Jasexc2016-01-31 23:33

    what do yall think bout a stone slinger bed on a hooklift?? Jhark123 i do a lot of farm type excavating and some demo work, and little residental like basements, pretty much anything with an excavator, dozer and dump truck you can imagine in a rural community

  7. #7jhark1232016-02-01 23:19

    I think a stone slinger is soooo expensive that you would have to have your truck running nearly 40hrs a week slinging to pay for it. If that's the case, what is the point of putting it on a hooklift?

  8. #8Lis23232016-02-13 21:30

    Plus your center of gravity would prob be too high. And payload would be greatly compromised. IMHO.