My father bought this new and it worked in the great '78 blizzard.... Just put them tracks on last summer. TD 15 sam
I gotta say, that's one sharp looking dozer. I'm really enjoying your pics, you sure have a nice fleet. Feel free to post more pics when you get the chance, we're always hungry for them!
Here in the midwest,I vividly remember the 78 blizzard.that is one sharp looking td15.The td15 is one of my top 10 favorite machines to operate.
I agree on the TD-15 being a good machine to run.I ran a TD-15c for a few years and it seems to do everything well and is up there on my list of favorite machines to operate.Ron G
Does that old dozer have the gas start diesel?
Yes it does start on gas, the best thing ever invented. I am pretty sure this was about the last one made with that system. Always starts never fails the only bad thing, it only has about a gallon gas tank. Also it has power steering. It came from local IH dealer who also had TC power shift machines available, which my father was stricktly against. Now at my age I solved what he was thinking. Now my son claims I am running a museum! Maybe, but he can't understand $20hr dozer, $.95 gravel, $25hr backhoe, and a whoping $10 to fill dump tr with gas. Right now $80hr dozer, $13 + yd gravel $80hr backhoe $100hr excavator and fill up dump trk. dont ask. To sum it up , same trk, dozer, backhoe, excav. after all these years still paying the bills. And yes I do help out friends running the new stuff. Yes its sweet all the goodies, BUT, How do you justify bailing out my buddy in this weeks snow storm, when his $$,$$$ loader took a dump, and my trusty 1964 Trojan had to finish the job? Ya know I just gave that thing a pat on its hood, and I got $100hr. Ain't luck its just my new electric Lincoln grease gun. Sam
Thats really cool that it still starts on gas. It was the best cold start setup for those old diesels and just like my grandpa always said "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" And to this day I try to work with that saying. I gotta admit even though I'm only 20yrs old I still can't help but like seeing that old iron, especially getting to see them run and work is an even better plus.
thats is a mean machine!