Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

well I’ll be…

Muffler Bearing ยท 2022-01-27 13:51

...charge air can enter a perforated hose and travel through the material to the edges. I just sprayed soapy water to look for leaks and these bubbles are coming out of the boot edge, not under it.

Replies9
  1. #1stinky642022-01-27 14:16

    I've seen the same thing with radiator/coolant hoses as well, especially the blue silicone Paccar brand..

  2. #2cuttin edge2022-01-27 14:22

    I remember the first time I blew a clamp on one of those. Scared the crap out of me. I thought I blew a front tire. Never realized how much pressure the old turbo provides.

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-01-27 17:31

    Smoke rolled and you were in the gear box real fast.

  4. #4DMiller2022-01-27 17:37

    Impressive

  5. #5cuttin edge2022-01-27 22:32

    Full load and a hard hill. Had just dropped a gear, and pow. Had just finished an impressive hay wire job to try and get going again when a wood hauler stopped and gave me a new clamp. Told him to swing by parts for trucks, and I would tell them to give him one on our account.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2022-01-27 23:13

    Drop to the low side and find one that fits. About the same as when the front tire leaves ya......

  7. #7JLarson2022-01-27 23:33

    Last one I blew I was pulling a trailer with a load of sackcrete on with as it turns out sketchy brake away wiring. Drug it for about a 1/4 mile with all 4 locked before I could turn off and as I was turning had to get on it hard to get it moving and blamo tossed a boot lol.

  8. #8JD955SC2022-01-29 08:24

    That material is real bad about sticking to the pipe and deteriorating inside after a while. They are often a bear to remove intact.

  9. #9Old Doug2022-01-29 10:20

    When the turbo starts leaking oil thats the first thing you will notice that there is oil coming out between the hoses and pipes. My f600 had a new radiator new hoses and every thing was clean but it leaked coolant at every connection. I started torquing clamps down to see if it helped.