I'm asking for opinions on putting a powertilt on a 2019 Kubota KX33. Current setup has a thumb. I have been quoted a pin on tilt coupler with a Kubota coupler to work with my existing buckets: 12,24, with a 36" grading bucket. I realize the thumb may not be useful once the tilt is on. I don't see that as a deal breaker. We use a ring on the back of the 12" that we use tongs with to set barnstone for retaining walls. Primary anticipated use for the tilt is drainage swales, and maintaining driveway ditches. Are there any disadvantages to this set up, other than cost $6850, that I should be aware of? The dealer rep isn't familiar with them and couldn't offer info either way on its usefulness. The main drawback I can think of is that my current Kubota style buckets are not ideally suited for the coupler since they don't have pins for the coupler to hydraulically attach to them.
Just remember your lift capacity will be reduced by the weight of the attachment, I imagine it weighs quite a bit
Since the purpose of the tilt coupler would be to dig swales and ditches, a hyd tilt grading bucket would work just as well and perhaps cheaper than the tilt coupler. The tilt coupler will add length to your stick and you will lose stick breakout due to the longer length of the stick. You would have to be more careful not to extend the stick into the boom cylinder due to the added length. Also depending on how your thumb is set up, your thumb may not contact the bucket correctly due to the added length of the powertilt.