Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

western star Triaxle need quick reply

KMSEXC ยท 2008-02-12 18:40

he fellows looking at a western star triaxle 2000 with 288,000 miles truck looks good shape but when new they shortened frame to make a dump from the factory truck is priced right what do you guys thing of these trucks Thanks KMS

Replies9
  1. #1thejdman042008-02-12 21:47

    western star cabs are about the best

  2. #2Eric2008-02-12 21:55

    Personally, I love Western Stars. I would buy a Star over anything on the market. What are the specs?

  3. #3busdrivernine2008-02-12 22:13

    look at how many hrs are on the engine and look for signs of excessive blow by . Western Star is a good vocational truck if rigged right so sad they had to shorten frame. They want to shorten my Pete frame when I put my 15 ft bed on I told them to make it work as it sits so I have about 17 " between back of cab and dump body

  4. #4Bob Horrell2008-02-12 23:13

    My Western Star triaxle is an excellent truck. Absolutely no problems. As said before, Western Star makes good vocational trucks. Mine is a '98.

  5. #5Eric2008-02-13 11:26

    Nice truck Bob.

  6. #6dirt digger2008-02-13 12:22

    whats the length of the bed?...anything 15' and under 9 times out of 10 will be overweight on those portable DOT scales

  7. #7KMSEXC2008-02-13 16:47

    Hey fellas thank you for your replies greatly appreciated good specs on truck 20 fronts 46 rears 475 cat engine 13 speed transmission jake, body is a little rough, truck hauled a lot rock

  8. #8Eric2008-02-13 18:30

    Those are good specs, make a good transport too.

  9. #9mascas2008-02-16 11:22

    I used to work at a Western Star Dealer a few years back...I loved working on the 4964EX...........very mechanic friendly.