Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wet lines

JBGASH ยท 2016-10-06 05:24

What exactly is the difference between a single wet line and a 2-line wet line? Will a single wet line operate a detach Lowboy trailer? I am looking at a truck that has a single wet line that has been used to pull and end dump trailer. If I were to buy it I want to be able to use it on a detach Lowboy trailer in the future. Thx

Replies2
  1. #1repowerguy2016-10-06 06:22

    A two line system has a return line for the hyd. oil in the open center valves that run the detach cyl. I've seen many guys have a hyd. hose permanently attached to their trailer and just put it in the fill cap hole when they use it. It makes the trailer useable on a single line truck. The problem is the hose can and will come out of the tank and make a mess instantly. You may also need a way to hold the pump in "dump" mode so the pump puts oil to the hose.

  2. #2lantraxco2016-10-06 10:44

    Yeah, if there's a place on the hydraulic tank you can plumb in a return line, or tee it in if you have to, that will work. The single line system just pushes oil to a cylinder and gravity pushes it back to the tank, so you need to add a return line for your lowboy setup.