So there I am, peacefully asleep in my bed having dreams of sweet nothings. Well that is I WAS until the company that plows in the complex here thought that quarter to 5 in the morning was a great time to **** into the wind! We had about an eighth to quarter inch of ice yesterday, parking lot was a rink but the little snow helped. So in come a couple wheel loaders and a grader to do ????? No salt truck, no brine, just metal on ice for the next hour until they decide it is doing no good! Heck I couldn't even see a little windrow next to the parked cars (usually is). So my question is, would I be in the right or wrong to go cry to the management about this contractors idea of a good time considering the hour he thought it would be good to start? Oh, no chance of it even budging anyways, at that time it was still below zero and the ice is rock solid on asphalt.
I dont see why you would complain
It is probably in their contract to attempt to remove as much snow and ice as possible before 6 am. That way the parking lot is as safe as possible for residents when they leave for work. I know at least on of the plow jobs I did last winter required that i be there before 6 am and have the main drive and main parking area clear so the employees had a safe walk into the building.
Hmm, well with the time I can see the point but they usually don't get to here until evening and the don't do salt or the walkways, just the main drive. And they do it poorly at that usually leaving the snow polished and slippery.
Do they EVER sand/salt?
Nope! The property maintenance guys don't do anything till 10 at the earliest, and then it's once, a little salt and screw coming back to clean up drifts.
I know If I was the contractor I would probably try something similar. The price of salt sky rocketed this winter and would cost alot to salt down 1/4 inch of ice. I would salt the hell out of it if the customer wanted to pay for it though. There was nothing wrong with his timing either. He was trying to get it done so you all can leave for work. Thats how I and everyone else does commercial snow/ ice removal
Even in a heavy residential area? Considering there was a minuscule amount of snow (the ground wasn't fully covered) and the base was ice it would seem fruitless, but I guess the idiot managers here told them to show up. Oh well.:drinkup
You can complain to the manager, but when there is a large amount of snow dont complain when you have a hard time leaving for work! The guy I use to plow for had a contract with apartment complex, we had to have it done by 7am. Many times I plowed it at 4am.
well you can always get up earlier and shovel the driveway....
Aye I hear you Partner. They Alway's Clean the Lot on my Night-Shift's. The strata Normally put's sign's up requesting vehicle's moved which is fair enough. The Strata Had the Carpet's cleaned in the building the other day .. While I was in Bed for the last night-shift.