I recently bought a deere 200lc that has some serious wear on the bucket pins and bushings. I know the bushings on the bucket ears are shot because they are either broken or still there but just floppin around. I am afraid the bushing on the stick is just gone and has been wearing into the metal but am not sure. What is the thickness of a bushing when new and what are my options if there is no bushing remaining? Thanks Wesley
You have two options:- 1) Remove the bucket and stick and inspect the pins. Remove the bushes and inspect the boss'. By the sounds of it you'l need to replace the pins and bushes. As for the stick bush wearing into the parent metal you'l need to inspect the damage and make a decision on what to do from there. You may be lucky and may be able to get an oversize bush with the same ID, or you may need it line bored. 2) Don't do anything and watch your stick and bucket fall off. Hope this helps
Bucket ears do not usually have bushings installed. The pin is supposed to be locked to the bucket and only move inside the stick bushings. The only good way to repair the bucket pin bosses is to weld them thick and machine them back to the original dimensions. The stick will have to be really worn bad to have gone through the bushings. If they are worn through to the parent metal you will know it. They will come out by hand or with the pin when you drive it out. In that case you will have to weld and machine back to standard size. Most of the time I find they have not gone all the way through them yet and you will have to remove them with a carbon arc. Good Luck!
pictures here is the damage
This is all that is left of the bushings. What a sad sight. The good news is it was a pain to get out so maybe the new bushing will fit snugly.
You have one of the buckets from Japan with that combination thrust bushing in one side. I don't know if those have a bushing inside but I usually ended up with a good used bucket from an auction or a dealer that had extras instead of fixing those. You might try rental houses to see if they have any extra used units you could get cheap before tackling repairing that one. Once you know dollars for good used you can make an informed decision on how much you have to spend and if it is worth it. The stick bushings look like they might have gone a little too long but measure the bore for out of round. As I recall we liked to have about 0.003 to 0.005 inch of press fit all around the circle for the new bushings.
I was wondering what was going on with that bucket. I've never seen a setup like that before. I have been looking for a good used bucket, I need a wider one anyway but I havent thought of checking with the rental companies. Thanks for your help John.
Looks like you might have caught that bushing just in time.... Is it only the front pin bosses on the bucket that are wrecked? If you would like to save that bucket for foundation work or anything, a cheap fix might be to get two new bosses machined and welded in. You can then just shim the bucket tight when putting it on.
I hope I have caught it in time but who knows? I haven't found the time to work on it much yet but i should get around to it soon. The rear bosses are a little loose but its not bad. one of the previous owners must have forgotten there was a grease fitting on the bottom of the stick cause there is nothing left. I am going to attempt to weld the bolt in boss permenantly into the bucket frame and build the insides back up till they fit tight around the pin. I'd like to get a wider bucket but i'm on a budget right now so i'll have to make do with what I have. I guess it'll be a good test of skills. Thanks for the help