im curious and wondering what other people enjoy doing on the weekends? i love to play in the snow, skiing and plowing in the snow whenever i get the chance, i also collect diecast models. and i love to drive around and look at all the iron around soo much history in this NorCal area........
I never go too far from the dirt. I ride and race Atvs.
Right now, deer hunting every chance I get. Its a real stress reliever. I feel sorry for the deer this weekend. It's been a bad week at work . If I'm not doing that then I'm working on project truck, a 1985 Chevy Silverado. :yup
Playing with old cars and guitars.:thumbsup Oh, and snowmobiles too.
I have too many hobbies. I'm into cars, only German though. Drive an Audi right now that's a project car in the process. Going to supercharge it down the road. I'm also a photography buff, have about $3K into camera gear. I do a lot of backpacking, skiing, mountaineering, hunting, fishing, and 4x4'ing when I have a truck handy. Just bought another mountain bike, I was into downhill racing a couple years back when I was still in high school, sold off my race bike and now I'm trying to get back into it.
HEF...the correct answer is HEF.... Ummmm...I think I remember when I had time for hobbies...all those fishing rods I built are just covered in dust and cob-webs.
Hey Jeff,you been holding out on us!!!!!!!!!! Love those Mopars!!!!! My good guitar is a Gretsch Country Gentleman including the thumbpicks to go with it,got a few others here.What is that book on the stand for?????Ron G:bouncegri
I want to know what the cordless drills are for next to the couch Wait....No...I don't want to know
Hmmm...I can feel a song coming on... Playin with..Old Cars and Steel Guitars Is better than...some sleazy Bars But that don't pay the Bills....
I am into off road motorcycles. Dug bike , Rokon, Tote Gote. Heres my website for a bike I am building to sell. www.DugBike.com
I'm mostly a has-been myself, what with the volume of work to be done and two daughters getting to middle-school age these recent years. But I'm biding my time, waiting for a load change. For example, a couple of years ago I raced a dozen or more road-bicycle races and a 24-hour mountain bike relay race. Mileage is way down now, but I'm still putting a couple thousand miles a year on a road bike. And I'm leading spinning classes at the YMCA once or twice a week. Worst of it is that I can't get out on the mountain bike nearly as much as I used to. Used to play harmonica in with the praise band at church once or twice a month. Still playing enough on my own to keep loose. Got into snowboarding over the past couple of years. Took my 13-year-old daughter out to Copper Mountain early this year, and she learned how. It's the 11-year-old's turn this winter. That's some of the best R & R time I've ever spent. I do some camping and paddling with my family. Going with some guys on my first backpacking trip -- a 2-night shakedown cruise -- after next week's turkey feed. Not sure where all that's going, although my wife is getting curious, and it would be nice to share a hobby with her. Also used to do some woodworking. I have a half-finished armoire that my father started years ago that I'll finish one of these years, Lord willing. L
CEWriter, get off that roadie and onto a DH rig! Actually I have a lot of respect for road riders, that's some intense training. I know a guy that rides his road bike 100+ miles a week just to train. I'm going to start downhill racing again next season, here's my new ride that I picked up last week.
That is, indeed, a beautiful thing. I love going fast downhill on singletrack, but it's been a few decades since I was in high school and I don't heal nearly so fast as I used to. There really is no downhill racing here in Missouri, anyway. Mountain biking is my first love but the road bike, ultimately, is too convenient. It requires the least of the two things I have in shortest supply -- time and money. I can use the time it would take transporting to singletrack working out on the road bike, and my road bike doesn't need tuning up or repair 1/10th as much as the MTB. That said, I've been meaning to do some local cross-country racing. The workload may ease just a bit here in 2007, and I may enter my hardtail in some local races (my only official MTB race is 24 Hours of Moab). We shall see.
Me too!! My first car ever was a Cordoba just like the one in the pick, except I've a big block in this one. I've always liked the old Mopar engines and trannies. They just needed to figure out how to make the bodies last longer. :thumbsup Well that's a little higher end than mine, I think. That's an Epi Dot Deluxe LE in the pic. I've another Epiphone acoustic and a Harmony H-90. I've never had the chance to play a Gretsch guitar yet. I do like the sound of the hollow body's and semi hollow body's better for some reason. Those are lyrics and some tablature for the songs I play, on the stand. I've a bad habit of forgetting what verse I'm on when I'm playing sometimes.:Banghead :wink2 It's in case I need to perform an emergency "purple nurple". She'd have to much time too escape if I had to run out to the garage for it. Doesn't everyone use cordless drills for that? No...........I bring them in the house in the winter because they always seem drained when they're left in the cold garage.
I make a little homebrew beer - some pretty good copies of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager and Theakson's Old Peculiar.:drinkup I used to play electric bass in bands until a couple years after college, haven't played seriously in at least 10 years. Currently building an airplane in the garage. At the rate I'm going I might get to fly it by the time I retire..:yup Here's a pic of the first "big" piece I finished. It's the horizontal stabilizer without the elevators attached yet.
Hey Orchard, Make sure you carefully read Jeff's "Homemade OROPS" thread. Hate to see you get your plane all finished and then have to post a thread on here asking for suggestions about how to get it out of the garage... :Banghead :bouncegri . For me, as I posted in another thread, it's model railroading. In warmer weather, I'm usually out puttin' around on the motorcycle. Joe
I agree on the Mopar bodies although my newest Dodge,a '95 4x4 still looks pretty good.175k with no squeaks and rattles.They are durable,that's for sure.It looks like the 2.2 engine has the potential to be legendary as well,they are tough. I always liked the Gretsch sound too,especially since Chet endorsed them.I bought mine new in the late sixties. I don't play much any more but some of the old thumbpickers stop by occasionally and make me embarrass myself so I have not hung up my thumbpick just yet. I have a resentment that you can now download tablature on your computer to show you how to play just about any song that you want while I had to learn the hard way.I find now from the guys that use it that I have been playing some songs in the wrong key!!LOL I could tell that it was just a hobby,you could never weld with that amp!!Ron G:bouncegri
I was getting all my songs from Harmony Central's OLGA (online guitar archives) but they were shut down by pressure from the reconding industy I think.:crying Now I've no place......that's free atleast. My little VOX amp has a real smooth tube sound, and some other niceties like reverb, multi channels, memory, etc. but it's only 15watts. It's loud enough for my den, but when I "need" to crank things up I have to mike it and run it through the PA. It's a much better sounding amp than the 50 watt Marshall solid state I had before it. It definately is just a hobby though, I'm not even close to a "professional". But it brings me alot of enjoyment.:yup
I do a bunch of different things, but only get to spend a little time on each one. I like hunting and shooting, I've got a small range set up in the woods behind the house and basically hunt my property. I've got a small collection of firearms to use in these adventures. I just got the Mustang I posted about this past summer and go on cruises with that now and then, and enter an occasional show. I joined a Mustang club one state over and they have meets now and then. It's a good group of people. I go out to karaoke bars now and then too. I've been told I have a pretty good voice and I like singing country songs. It seems women tend to notice guys with good voices too!:angel I'm involved in too many community service endeavors too. Sing in church choir, on the SPR committee there, volunteer firefighter, member of the local Republican Committee, and on the Town Planning Board. There's hardly time to sit here and check the Board!!
Excavation pays for my fire fighting hobby. Besides being a full time fire fighter I also volunteer as deputy fire chief here in my hometown. I gave up the chiefs position a few years ago when my excavation business couldn't keep up with the cost of being chief (for real). I have a 5 year old son, so lots of my former hobbies like hunting and fishing are waiting for him to get older. I do collect rusty iron, my latest is a 1928 Ford Model A doodle bug and a John Deere B in pieces that needs reassembly. I promised myself that neither one is going to be touched until my barn/garage is completed.
Working on my truck, anything outdoors, beer,
Beautiful women.
I am using a Peavey "Artist 240" with a 10" EV speaker,tube finals which puts out a lot more than I need "120 watts" but it is very clean.It has 4 input jacks and a foot switch so you can run the two channels in series or parallel for effects,has great sustain at low volume if you wish.Topped off with a very clean Boss delay and it fills my needs very nicely. The tab sources I found were for fingerstyle nuts like me but they are free and I got a couple of free programs that will actually play the songs for you in midi if you like.PM me and I will send the links to you.Ron G
i agree with Dozerboy and Wolf
I build and rebuild turbo cars (and trucks)....here's some of my more recent projects....wish I had more time like I used to....
this is my pride and joy truck....it's only a v6, but it's got 500whp, automatic and fulltime AWD...makes our local corvette owners cringe when they see it coming....
my pride and joy 2000 chevy 1500 z71 w/ 5.7L v8 vortec.
Sweet Syclone even stock they put the fear in a lot of vehicles wish I have one.
I rarely have time to do anything anymore. Sound familiar? Throughout the summer I'm a crew chief for a friends late model in the Carquest Tour which visits the maritime provinces. Keeps a guy sane I guess. That's me on the left.
2 wheels.....
..........
Wholly smokes!! That's a big jump. How long did it take to finally get the nerve to make that jump??:yup
YIKES!! I like riding those things, but I'm usually focused on keeping as much rubber in contact with pavement as possible. You look almost stationary in that photo. Were you moving (forward, I assume)? How do you practice for something like that? Were you one of those kids who could ride wheelies on you bicycle? Is there a progression -- you know like increasing GVW -- bicycle, unicycle, dirt bike, enduro, small street bike, big street bike? Inquiring Mind
oh come on jeff it's only 65 ft lip to landing....3rd gear easy.....:bouncegri it only took about 5 minutes of my friends coaxing..:thumbsup ..hey if you built it you got to jump it...we actually have pics of a 966 loader in the middle...i got to look for them...
yes i was moving in the pic only a couple of miles per hr...we use to have a access road at a local airport...we used to ride there but mostly just the streets..lots of tickets...:Banghead .as far as progression...i raced bmx bikes when i was younger for 10 years and rode dirtbikes since i was 12 so i guess it was almost the natural thing to do...
Ain't no way I'd ever try that jump.:nono I used to do alittle off road riding/motocross, had alot of fun, but got hurt alot too. I finally broke my hand about 4 years ago on a jump gone wrong, and came too the conclusion I'm getting too old for this shi......er, stuff and I wasn't ever going to be a motocross star. If you can find them pictures of you jumping the 966 that would be neat to see.
Here's a pic I found that might give a hint to why I got hurt many times.:bouncegri
Hobby 20Dub is that Jump in Belmar? We have some pretty decent trails down here off of 206 in Vincentown. I used to off-road but have given that up (8 cylinder Broncos arent very fuel effecient). have been snowboarding for 13 years now and love every minute of it. (Well maybe not the three surgeries that have stemed from it) When its warm you will catch me on the golf course, a bad habit I picked up from my old man.:yup Otherwise love to travel and see all this great country of ours has to offer.
nah..the jump was in jackson at one of stavola's holding yards...me and a couple of friends had permission to ride and built but not these days..to many people out every where riding and getting hurt... always looking for places to ride ..any place around here is $1000+ fine.. vincetown is down by mt holly...kinda near rt 537..?...only like 45 minutes from me...
Jumping How high is that jump? The pictures are awesome!!!!!
You should look into running in the Atlantic Grand Prix Series. It's reasonably priced and you get to ride new places. www.atlanticgrandprix.com It's a lot of fun and the race promoter really goes out of his way to make sure the racers are happy.
i have flown through the air with the greatest of ease the landing was not so nice
the jump probably was 12-15ft tall, 65 ft lip to landing..you could easily go 110ft and still land on the soft part of the landing..we made it really long so you could bomb it...kinda off intimitdating looking but it was really easy to jump.. i have alot of better pics but resizing them is the problem...
i'am gonna start running district 6 ama.next year..englishtown nj,atco nj,hurricane hills pa,..mostly nj and pa....you up there are disrict 34 i think...i would like to do a couple races up there as well...i think it's claverack mx track maybe...has one of the biggest step ups or step downs..?i forget..i seen paul carpenter jumping it in a video and it was insane. .yeah i gotta go there...:yup ....i will definetly check that atlanticgrandprix out as well...cause ama is exspensive...:spaz
I have seen the Atco track, looks pretty decent. Dont know the cost of it but I will tell you one thing would be worth checking out.. my local watering hole is 5 minutes down the road from there and they have some very nice "talent." Mon-Thurs 11am-6or7pm is "Bikinni Lunch/Happy Hour." Sign on the door says "Warm Beer, Lousy Food." We also have some other places that let people ride around here where they seem to let people slide as long as it doesnt get crowded. It is also extremly tough to get busted as long as you know you surrondings being that we are in the Pine Barrens and there are a ton of Cranberry Bog Roads that cars cannot fit down anymore.:thumbsup If you are in the area let me know will treat you to a cold one and a great view...:thumbsup
I have had allot over the years. Snowmobiles for close to 30 years, still do that, four wheeler , had a Yamaha Banshee when I was 25 and then another one in my mid 30's, just can't find anyplace to ride anymore so sold it. Had a Sea Ray Bowrider boat in my 20's but the kids came and sold that. Rode a Kawasaki GPS 1100 in my 30's but almost killed myself to many times so I sold that after a few years, now I ride my Harley in the summer. Play poker ever Wednesday, still do that. Spent a lot time over years fixing up my house. Lots of bars over the years, but to hard to get up in the morning during the week so cut that way back. I enjoy my work and I guess if you enjoy what you do for a living you could call that a hobby also. Bought my wife a real nice 65' Mustang a few years back so have spent some time on that but not very much, it was in real good shape when I bought it. I guess that when I hit 40, my motor sports kind of went away, thinking about trying golf someday, my father plays 18 holes everyday, he's retired :yup . Must be nice.
will do...:thumbsup
I dirtbike, fish, hunt, painball, build computers and more.:bouncegri
im into truck and tractor pulling! theres nothing like a diesel with 1000+ hp going down the track
Heavy machines, music (death, black and heavy metal mostly, but I listen to older rock n roll and rockabilly also.), spiders and centipedes are also a big hobby.
Snowmobiling, fishing, quading, vol. firefighting and fundraising for the latter, spending time with my family and friends, and if we're going into music I try to catch as many Dave Matthews concerts I can every summer......
Formula one I try to get to the Canada GP every year. Also I like to ski buthave been plowing the last 4 years and it is tuff to go this year I only have one large account so I will make time to go.
Nac Who's your F1 driver? I am closer to Canadian GP, but never made it up. Did you go this year? Nice to see someone else who's not into the redneck round-and-round Matt
Well I am a Ferrari fan. I worked for Ferrari North Ammerica for my winter and summer brakes from college for 2 years.I have not made the last 2 years but went 4 years in row before that. Also been to a cupel road races at Limerock, CT Watkins Glen, NY Homested, FL I try to watch Nascar but it is just boring watching them go around in a circle at least that is my opinion.
Nascar is pretty lame. I really like watching Le Mans, those races are awesome. Audi usually does pretty well, the R10 is one hell of a car. My A4 is just a work in progress right now, gives me something to aspire for.
The Audi's are nice. I had a Porshe Boxster S that was nice but never used it. Also have a friend that work on Ferrari and I get to take them home once and a while. Here is one I had for 2 week at my house. And here is another.
Boxster S is nice, but not quick enough for me. I can't get over how expensive they are and only 250 horses?! The A4 I have will smoke a Boxster S by the time I'm done with it. Shooting to get 325 bhp with reliable, supercharged power, standalone fuel management, injectors, etc., etc..I'll take a 911 Turbo or a 997TT any day of the week. The new Carrera's are super nice, one of these days.... Nice Ferraris, love the 360's. Still like a 612 Scaglietti though, but I really don't like Enzo's all the much. Too much hype.
What Do I Do With My Spare Time? Wot Spare Time?? Hi, Folks. Wot is spare time?????????????????????????????? Wotsa hobby???? Well, when I happen to have any spare time left over from work and answering e-mails or queries on the 4 or 5 different BBs that I visit - I like to go scuba diving, do a little photography - still and video, get into several different types of alternative therapies, run personal development classes, help friends restore vintage machinery (I'm not silly enough so far to have my own to restore.), bush-walking, writing (various sorts of stuff) and I enjoy a good discussion/debate. I also don't mind a bit water ski-ing but it's been a while since I had the time for it. I also used to do a little hunting and fishing but lack of time has put them on the back burner for the moment. Hell, I haven't even had time to go chasing women the last few months, since I've been doing a Trainers and Assessors course to make it legal for me totrain and assess operators. MAN, I GOTTA GET A LIFE. I think I burn enough fossil fuel and make enough noise each week to cover my share so most of my interests tend to be away from engines of any sort, aside from getting to and from, with the exception of restoration of vintage machinery. Happy hobbying. You all have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.
Unlike everybody else around here who's talkin' about snow, it was unseasonably warm here in Western PA until about a week ago. I finally remembered to snap a picture of the bike (from when I was out ridin' around Thanksgiving...:bouncegri First snow is supposed to be here tomorrow... Joe
YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!:bouncegri We had -7 last night.:crying Good looking scooter Joe, I am jealous. Don't go and slip on a patch of ice with it now.:wink2
What?? No sledpullers???
Does THIS count?:bouncegri
As much fun as that looks,:thumbsup http://youtube.com/watch?v=SLVFcKuEj3U Is more in line with what I was talking about!!!
I might get into pulling and racing, but I need to buy another vehicle or get a job that gives me a truck. If you’re at Houston next year I'll see you there, if it ain't raining we’re moving there.
This is my two largest hobbies shown in one pic:
You have it backwards. The spider should be under the tracks:bouncegri
hobbies Mountain biking, mini mx racing, atv riding, boats, cars, trucks, diecast models, pretty much anything with wheels or motors.
I fish, whenever I can.:bash
These are two of my hobbies..... I can say that the second one here is by far the more expensive, but both are a heck of a lot of fun:bouncegri
I see ya got my motor ready and have not called yet....... When will you be able to sent it to me....:bouncegri How bout some specs. :yup
Not much....just a little small block Chevy: 383 CID 1990 2 bolt block from K1500 bored 0.030 Skat cast 400 crank SIR rods 28cc D-dish pistons Corvette Tuned Port Injection w/ polished plenum and runners 24lb/hr Ford SVT injectors BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator 52MM Throttle Body w/ air foil 9.7:1 CR Aluminum L98 Heads with screw in studs and guide plates and mild port work Hydraulic roller Comp Cams Extreme 4X4 cam Intake - .474 lift/210 duration @ 0.05" Exhaust - .474 lift/214 duration @ 0.05" Aluminum roller rocker arms - 1.6 ratio on intake, 1.5 ratio on exhaust Headman Elite thermal coated headers 300 HP @ 5,000 RPM 430 Ft-lbs @ 3,200 RPM What it did to my wallet :crying What it does to my face in a 2,800 lb CJ7 :bouncegri
:nono Now its not going to run. :bouncegri I bet it did. Thats alot of muscle for that light Jeep. You build it yourself? One of these days I will break down and buy one of the newfanggled digital cameras and post a couple pics of my rig. It gottsa lil' hopped up 350 too :yup . Its gotta spin 40" Boggers. Being that its a Chevy, its always a work in progress. (Here come the wise cracks...)
oh don't worry ford didn't make those injectors anyway I think they are Bosch, i have a set in my trans am. I wish my ta only weighed 2800lbs.
Alright now we gotta see this Trans Am :yup . You got some pics?
Hobby When I'm not working (and half the time when I am LOL) my mind is cluttered with thoughts of hunting and shooting.:Cowboy I'm constantly thinking of things like bullet weight, grains of powder, OAL, MOA, ballistic coefficients, sectional densities... not to mention terminal performance, range estimating, 'doping' the wind... :dizzy Oh yeah, and why I just need that new rifle :thumbsup Then there's the IPSC and Cowboy Action Shooting... and Trap... and Skeet... Well, you get the picture lol Anybody else have the same hobby? The place I consider my 'home' forum is www.canadiangunnutz.com and IMO is one of the best shooting and firearms forums on the 'net. Come check it out... :Cowboy
I hunt and shoot for fun, though not near as much as I'd like. I used to follow IPSC in American Handgunner magazine but haven't been able to find the mag locally for a couple years now, the store I bought it at dropped it. I'm a member of the local rod & gun club where we host trap & skeet shoots quite often. I'm actually pretty good at trap, but I haven't bought my own dedicated shotgun yet, I use my buddies.
I've been collecting coins for a while now, though after I lost my job in March I had to quit coining for a while because I couldn't afford cashing out on tons of rolls of coins at the bank. I also like exploring places and taking road trips. Metal detecting and collecting unique rocks from my area (like agates, fossils, etc.) are some other things I like to do.
i just bought a 1978 CJ 5 Jeep. it needs alot of work, but i think tinkering with it will be fun. i also play ice hockey and snowmobile through the winter months. in the summer i play roller hockey and if my Jeep is done maybe alittle four wheelin' too.
i spend alot of time on the water,, kiteboarding, wakeboarding ,salom sking ,,heres the old boat and the new one ,, I luv cummins power as well:usa
What are your favorite road trips?
outdoor stuff. snowmobile, atv, fish
Nice boat...marina's in Westport? For myself I'm into classic cars I go to local cruises/shows and weekend drives in a 70 mustang, also getting into antique equipment, tractor, truck shows.
yes how did u guess?
Live in the area...I've driven over that metal bridge more times than I care to remember
I don't have any hobbies other than playing in the dirt :thumbsup I never grew up. I just got a bigger Tonka Toy
yep,playing in the dirt is the most best thing in the world!
Anywhere around my home state, Minnesota. I like visiting small towns in the middle of nowhere (a good example of a place is "Trommald, MN"); those little towns that used to be huge communities at the turn of the 20th century, but in the last 100 years they've lost like 90% of their population. I also like road tripping to ghost towns and abandoned places. I've never been to any ghost towns in the Dakota's, but I know there are a lot of them. I might take a road trip out there to see some of them with my buddies this summer if I can round up a few of my friends that would go along. I'm very interested in local history. Truthfully I think my hobbies all tie into heavy equipment in one way or another. Metal detecting, agate hunting, visiting old abandoned mining towns - they all have to do with digging up dirt some way or another.
Yea,well apart from heavy equipment,I collect diecast models of the same I am also into motorbikes and bought a 2003 BMW R1150GS yesterday(had to sell my 1200GS to pay for eldest daughter going to college two years ago). The 1200 might be faster on the straights but a 1150 is far better through the twisties. Thats about it Neil
I used to play Ice Hockey here for Southampton Vikings in England for near on 20yrs in British league division one, best years of my life!! got to play with a lot of Americans & Canadians. These days I am paying the price physically, shot knees, knackered left shoulder, and no front teeth!! Nowadays I enjoy cycling, hepling my partner with her horses(Three Day Eventing) my cars, & way to many machine forums!! Oh and my dog "Barney the Beagle"!! He's cute!! Will attach some pics.
Hobbies? I've got kids, my life outside of work is spent taking care of them and doing all the maintenance that I can cram into the day!!
I play poker & smoke cigars!
In the summer months I ride and build bikes on the weekends
Interesting thread. It really goes back a few years!!! My hobby is playing in the dirt with my tractors. I'm remodeling homes during the week, so spending a few hours pushing dirt or taking out some trees is my idea of fun. I also like to hunt, surf the net and just sit around and watch TV. Eddie
Miss this thread awhile ago... Good to see another deathmetal operator, I prefer grindcore though. I like to check out a show now and then (its been years since I seen one) Go fishing on the big lake in South Fl. I like fixing and messing with machines as much as possible....
On hot summer nights, I'll go for a ride in my '71 Stingray.
amend brother....forgot the brewhaas though:drinkup
i buils custom excavator models...ride mt harley and deal with 3 kids and a wife [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Nother sportster rider and my other black toy
ahhhh what a sexy jeep...my tj is stock, cant wait to make it look like that!Are those 35's? Dont they make a kit now to lose the leaf springs? I love jeeps!!!
Great thread. In my spare time I like to do a little jeeing now and then, sometimes I do a little fishing/beerdrinking:drinkup And I'm really into collecting farm/construction toys. I try to hit up toy show as much as I can.
I'm glad to see other guys have sportsters too. That girl bike thing bugs me. Mine is an 883, bored to 1200. I also have a few Jeeps, including a '72 CJ locked front and back with Boggers. Besides that, old Chevys, both big and small blocks, interest me.
I ride my Harley, road bike, mountain bike, fishing, and woodworking.
Alright....I've updated one of mine since the last post with more lift and 35's. The other is a little trip that we take every spring. We always come back a little more twisted than when we left. I'll let you figure out why....
In to 4 wheeling big time. Have a 69 FJ40 with dual cases, Fabco front axle (Eaton rear), 305, on 44 inch boggers. Also enjoy riding my 65 electraglide...mostly original. I am into Playing Bass guitar (Carvin LB75). I do a lot of wrenching. I like building cars/trucks. I have a 68 vette I am putting together, a 34 5 window couple & 34 ford truck....all 3 have a long way to go before they look like anything. I really like exploring in the woods, camping, & playing in the dirt. LOL those above pics look like some of my dads old sheds (he owned a repair shop since god was young, dirt was new, & oil was walking)
Quote: 30 Dirty Years: "Hey swampdog I like Chevys too It's a little unorganized now but here is a few pics of my engine collection." That's an impressive collection! You may have a profitable future as an ebay seller ahead of you. Your organization puts me to shame! A lot of my parts are out back on parts cars, mostly mid-60s Chevys. I have a few 396 engines and a freshly rebuilt 327, waiting for projects. My favorites are the '66 to '70 Chevelles and the C1 and C2 Vettes.
hey country boy im also have a project with a 1985 chevy silverado, pm if you wanna talk about it or exchange ideas
Don't suppose any of ya have a Vette intake for a 396?
FORD POWAH!!!!! You Chevy Boys Go On Back To Them Junk Yards Where Ya Belong!! Hehe This thread is similar to the one in TGIF part of the forum so I wont post no pics cuz they are already in that thread My Hobbies usually consist of building computers, showing people up at twister, towel whipping fights, creeping people out, country music, hanging around with indians and pilgrams at one of my jobs, my ball python Cloud, snowboarding, and snowmobiling (even though I don't really have one and I don't get to do it much I LOVE it!!) That's pretty much it while I'm at college and the snows on the ground. Otherwise I love to play around in the mud!
Anything outdoors. 4 wheeling, fishing. Don't hunt much but every now and then me and some friends have some fun shooting stuff. Pretty much just being a southern boy:usa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcTFa06fCxo
I rode dirt bikes back in the day, mostly big bore stuff- KTM 495, KTM 420, KTM 350, couple of KTM 500's, and a KX 500 to name a few. Getting hurt too much combined with the increasing difficulty finding places to ride put a stop to that. I still have the 495 and 420, more for nostalgia than anything else. Fooled with cars most of my life- my first was a '67 Chevelle I bought in '85 and have been working on ever since. Used to street race a lot, but that scene got too stupid and the cops got too serious, just wasn't fun anymore. The car's had all sorts of engine/trans/rear combos in it over the years- current is a mild 383, Doug Nash 5 speed pro-shift, 4.11 12 bolt with Moser axles and c-clip eliminators. It's a a pain to downshift because of the crash box and ratchet shifter, but I finally got the hang of it and drive it pretty regularly nowadays. Oh, and add me to the Sportster club.
Pretty much same as above for the dirtbikes, I've had a YZ490, KTM550MX, IT465powered 250R3-wheeler to name a few. I also have a 68 Mustang Fastback that is really being neglected because now I have a '73 Chevy truck with a Detroit 4-53 in it. My main hobby outside of worring about being laid off is flying R/C. I have a plane and a Heli and try to spend as little $$$ as possible on repairs. Heres a link to some video's I've taken from my plane. http://www.vimeo.com/2862063
how about some pics of the jimmy powered chevy? :drinkup
Heres a couple, I dont know why the wont just show up on here.
I was there dieseldave when the car was brought home, if you remember. Like the photos! Just got signed up with the website, my user name is leverpuller. Figure it out.
Hey Mike, good to see you! I was wondering if that was you...
Well I am into motorcycles, mountain bikes, and computers...Anyone in the KW area wants to go for a ride this summer let me know!
DieselDave thats a sick lookin Chevelle you got there! I'm into dirt bikes too. I got a ktm 525 right now and a Honda CR250 two stroke. The CR has just a little motor work done Blows the bars off of CR450F's hehehe Other than that snowmobiles, fishing, and workin on my sled pull truck project take up the rest of my time.
I have a very unique hobby. I like to collect hoodies, jackets, hats and fan merch stuff of different rappers and music artists like Juice Wrld, Eminem, Enrique, Pitbull etc. I am a music lover and also want to be a great singer in the future. I also like to play instruments in my spare time.
My hobby is to collect different electronics gadgets like headphones, earphones, mobile phones, laptops, iphones, tablets, ipad, ipad pro cases and iphone mini projectors etc.
my time was spend in shop keeping the yellow and red and green junk runing, till i got L S , and i did like to watch the baby calfs grow.
Golf. Nothing else I’ve found has a dedicated cart going round serving drinks. Usually operated by a good looking female. Sadly we have 4-5 months of winter here.
Woodworking, some mechanical attitude adjustments, shooting sports and just being out in the open on our little farm. Really my passion when can get the wife engaged is riding across the US on our cruiser visiting those places all hear about but seldom see in person.
Actually, pushing dirt is the hobby, retired tv engineer who should have been a heavy equipment operator.
I love nature, mountains, waterfall, sea, raining, snow, and like that, instead of that traveling is my hobby.
I do not work in the dirt regularly, so it's more of a hobby. Seems like this whole summer was spent moving dirt and gravel around our property. If I ever catch up on home projects maybe it could be become a small side gig on occasion. I enjoy riding Harley's, fixing cars (when it's for fun), machining, building things and recently came to the realization that I have an affinity for fixing other people's junk haha. It's fun to make something out of nothing.
Pen & Ink art work, when I finish my other project I will go back to the ink. But it will be landscapes and old buildings.
You do cool stuff Truck Shop ! I guess my hobby is still dirt. Making this gravel patch into something the family can eat out of and keeping that old paint happy. He coldnt resist inflicting maximum devastation in the garden after harvest time.Ate ,trampled and roll compacted.
USPSA production division B class shooter. USPSA pistol caliber carbine division C class shooter. NRA certified basic pistol instructor. NRA certified range safety officer. Rangermaster certified pistol instructor. Participate in various other non-sanctioned matches like 3 gun, precision rifle, etc. Used to shoot clays a lot but got away from it. Hope to try mounted horseback shooting competition one day. When I'm not competing I help out with women's shooting programs such as NRA Women on Target. I also teach private lessons. Maybe turn it into a real business some day. I help run several night shoots a year, as shooting with night vision and thermal devices is a lot of fun. I reload a lot on my Dillon XL650. I enjoy building guns as much as shooting them. I've built and modified a lot of firearms from MP5 to AK to FAL to 1919a4 belt fed (all within the confines of the law of course). I have a friend who has a machine gun rental business (FFL07/SOT02) and I help him out here and there. My old Craftsman Commercial lathe and Bridgeport mill get it done. Put a few red dots on pistol slides lately. I'm a member of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association. I have an M38A1 jeep and an M416 trailer. I do as many parades as I can in my area. I used to have an M35A2 but got tired of it. I would like to pick up an MB or M38 jeep down the road. The M715 jeep truck always catches my eye as well. I also have been participating in a on and off road way point challenge called the Gambler 500. It's based on taking a $500 car 500 miles in a weekend. Think of the movie Cannonball Run. Events range in size from 75 cars to 800 cars depending on where the event is. I've done 6 of them now. 3 in Michigan, 2 in PA, and 1 in WV just this past weekend. A lot of states have them now. I've always been an offroad jeep guy, and this is the most fun I've had doing anything with a vehicle on or off road. The cars are hilarious and the average participant is a shade tree mechanic out having fun and willing to lend a hand or share some whisky. I'm currently using a 1990 Chevy Suburban that I pad $800 for, and then I went a little crazy building it into a reliable wheeling rig, so I just bought a craptastic 97 Subaru Legacy for $250 that I plan to take to the next Gambler 500 I attend. I really wanted to build an old full size cop car into a Blues Brothers tribute, but the cheap Subaru followed me home. I should probably sell my Honda XR650L, as I have no time to ride it. I sold my 1996 BMW R1100GS earlier this year. It had 101k miles on it, of which I put on 40k in a few years. I'm over the adventure riding life. Between all that and building a horse farm for my girlfriend, who has 6 horses and does her thing with different horseback competitions, I stay busy. Too busy for kids
I used to have a job. Now, I don’t go. I’m trying to be a rapper. But my flow is too slow.
camping and traveling with the family lately. A few years back I geared up and remodeled the house and built our cabinets. I like woodworking and metalworking. Inventing things for purposes. Also used to do a fair bit of flying.
I like a good road trip, playing in the dirt with the backhoe, amateur woodworking, video gaming, sitting around, and drinking. I've got a motorcycle I like but haven't ridden much due to too many friends having bad accidents. I've got a little 250cc buggy that is fun to tear around a track I made out back. My golf league starts back up tomorrow, so that's fun too!
Welcome to HEF, alvajames !
I like to go fishing in my boat ,even if I don't catch anything worth keeping. Plus shooting anything that blows a projectile out of a barrel. I really enjoyed building houses (by myself) and remodeling.
Being retired for 6 years already, all I do is play. Wife and I travel a lot. Turned 54,000 miles a couple weeks ago on our conversion van we took possession of new in the late fall of 2019. We spend more time hunting and fish than many. I do work on the house remodel about 3 days a year. I collect and play with old equipment. Currently rebuilding and converting a 1930s three yard Woodridge cable scrapper to hydraulic to use behind one of my early D4Ds. Post to come soon (success or failure?) as it is almost done.
I don't have a specific hobby but I have special interests. I have a great interest in natural medicines and dietary supplements which are very important for your health especially your gut since most of us are not getting sufficient nutrition due to lack of vitamins, protein and other important minerals required by our body. Some of the best herbal supplements includes ATP Octane, GI Repair , Apple Cider Vinegar ACV, Vitamin D3, Complete Enzyme and Brain Bright DTX. I also want to create awareness among the people about the gut health.
Radio, rifle shooting, and hard rock prospecting for me.
Old Mack trucks I never seem to have time to work with, or on. What a guy needs nine of these damned things for and has never had an over the road or vocational job driving a truck for is beyond me, but it is what it is and they don't eat. Nowadays I really enjoy spoiling the snot out of the grand daughters just before sending them home and calling it "square" with my kids; over and over again.....
I ride my bicycle off dirt piles
I am a tech enthusiast. I have a great interest in the tech gadgets especially audio gadgets like headphones, headsets, earbuds and earphones etc. My hobby is to collect different models of the headsets wired or wireless and I sell them later. So, it has become a passion, hobby and a side business for me.
I just reconnected with my sailing bug a couple weeks ago. That also reattached me to the boat building bug. now I want to make a 24-ft trailerable fast catamaran. Just enough space to sleep 2, and enough sail to be scary fun.
I started getting a paycheck as an electrician at age 13. Now, at 65, I still have the same job as I had then. I like to build stuff. Built my house, my garage, my sugar house, several buildings for others. I like woodworking using traditional joinery the way they did 200 years ago. I cheat, use machine tools to rough it out. The hand plane only hides the marks left by machines. Furniture, cabinetry, I rarely use metal fasteners or glue. Joinery fascinates me. I'm a welder. Began in early teens rebuilding Jeep bodies, progressed to auto body work & for a while rebuilt a few total wrecks. Recent years, I've gotten into MIG & TIG welding. I've always been obsessed with wanting to weld aluminum & stainless, last 10 years or so I've played a lot with that. Of course, welding is 10% of building with metals. It is more accurately, fabricating. Four wheel drive vehicles have always been an obsession. Many Jeeps, and a 1956 Dodge Power Wagon with winches front & rear & a dump body I built & designed. Interest in machines of all varieties has forced me to be a mechanic. I'm not the best, but I'm not the worst. Projects have ranged from lots of vehicles, to tractors, heavy machinery, and countless machine tools. Most of my shop machines are antiques. I built wood splitters in a brief endeavor as a spare time thing. Logging & land clearing are ongoing. The great flood of 2011 Hurricane Irene left me a new opportunity: Rebuilding a building I had built. Moving dirt & rocks is very therapeutic for me. I have had 5 backhoes, a dozer, single axle dump & trailers to haul. I, & my son are involved in antique tractors & pulling competitions. My son organizes a local event Columbus weekend. I'm the logistics guy, hauling days on end. A couple years ago Mrs. B asked me after the pull: "How many of these tractors are yours?" I didn't have an answer! I made maple syrup many years. Made hard cider more years than that, kind of gave that up. I haven't found time to build the timber framed cabin I started just before my father retired. The sawmill I hoped to build hasn't happened, but I haven't given up. Spend precious time camping with my extended family. I'm kind of spoiled, drag a travel trailer last twenty years. Been together with one woman 44 years, raised two sons & several of other people's sons. Never had a daughter, but am blessed with several daughters in law. First grandchild scheduled to arrive in January.
Next hobby-build a stretch hood 1975 Western Star. Star never made a extended hood those years.
And I thought the Last One was your ‘Last One’ !!
More than likely is the Last One.
I've been doing a fair amount of laser engraving/cutting since I got one a few months back. It's pretty neat though I need to get more creative with it.
I would imagine it's more about a passion for doing something that you're obviously very good at. Your workmanship is impeccable as is your attention to detail! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is looking forward to seeing your latest project come to light.
I learned this past weekend our first grandchild will be a girl. That'll be different.
I just tinker with my 21 year old Audi and cars in general when I can afford to buy parts for it. did enjoy riding MTB trails but i out grew my bike in performace levels and can't afford to replace it with something more competent so fell out of love with it, other than that my "spare time" is taken up with my family and the wife's ever increasing list of "can you just" lol
You're gonna mention the Audi, while the GTR just sits behind? Nice rides!
The GTR was fast but the RS4 is just whole different fast, it's sublimely fast, you put your down in the GTR and there is drama and noise and you look down and three figures approaches quickly, you hit the gas in the RS4 and it just takes off, no drama no fuss, you look down and your well into three figures. The GTR also took part in the Cannonball 3000 (europe) with me driving after winning a competition to enter. The WRX was very quick to 90mph after that it slowed off, more of back road car (canyon car) and the little Peugeot 309GTI was amazing in it's day, no where near as fast as the other 3 but damn on tight roads it flew. I have a few hardcore friends who have between us owned most of the fast 90's japanese stuff and then moved onto the german 2000's stuff.