Hey guys. I am planning on getting a excavator and have been thinking about the JCB 8018. What are your thoughts? I have a Bobcat E14 now and am not that happy with it so far
I would say what is your dealer back up like and how easy to obtain parts,801 range are ok but expect to a few leaks and may be a hyd pump after about 3000 hr and may be a pressure maintenance valve as these often cause problems.
Parts are quite easy to obtain in Poland so it should not be a problem. Its actually hard to get the Bobcat ones.
As far as the "operation" of the machine goes, I cant comment.. BUT the thing I don't care for is> they have their own size, type & style of fittings on EVERYTHING.. You have English, Standard, Metric & now, JCB.. Most/ALOT of mechanics here in the States cant reach in their tool box & pull out a fitting to test fuel pressure or hydro pressure on a JCB.. Its a 1-2 HOUR ordeal.. to JUST find a fitting.. SO, that'll be something to consider when making your purchase.. ease of maintenance/trouble shooting..
Yeah. I have a good mechanic and he recommended me a JCB since parts are easily accesable. I also like the looks of them
But over all they are good machines? I would be going for a 2015 year
Can you describe these new fittings? I worked for JCB for about 5-6 years and didn't come across any JCB specific fittings. Unless it's a recent thing (last 3 years). The telehandlers and backhoes ran BSP and some of the mini diggers used ORFS. The only weird fitting I came across was the JCB test fitting and they were normally just on a 1/4 BSPP thread or UNO, so easy to pull out and put a standard fitting on if you didn't have the right adaptor. The JCB genuine hoses were a bit funny in that they were fitted with an o-ring on the taper side of the fitting, they still seal without the o-ring though.
Any new info you would share guys? Its pretty easy to get parts for them here in europe
Jock This is because in USA they use JIC being CAse and also a lot of Cat equipment they dont have many JCB equipment and BSP is all over the JCB as standard it all depends what you work on i guess.
Are you looking to buy new or used. If new the dealer is very important. In any case parts availability is important, but you say that is good. The Kubota 1.7t is more popular where I am as it is considered bomb proof, but this leads to high second hand values. Good if you bought new, but not so good if you are looking to buy second hand. Graham
Depends what the available tow and shifting vehicles/ trailers that you have as well; will limit the size of the excavator you can use. Andres do you have a list of what yopu are looking for in a new excavator - more power digging etc, heated cab for winter etc? The Hitachi mini excavators are made in the Netherlands & Japan. https://www.hitachicm.eu/machinery/excavators/mini-excavators/ https://www.hitachicm.eu/machinery/excavators/mini-excavators/zx26u-5/ This model has been around for 2 years so there might used or low hour machines around in Germany, Netherlands etc. https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-mini-diggers-excavators-7/hitachi-zx-26-u-5/tczbmkzj.html https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-mini-diggers-excavators-7/hitachi-zx25/yosesnyi.html Do a price comparison on a few brands. https://ke.kubota-eu.com/constructionmachinery/products/u27-4-2/ http://www.doosanequipment.eu/doosanequipment/products/mini-excavators/DX19.page?
I know one about JCB in my company nobody like us it excavator. The operators say this no a good machine. My boos buy 3 new 2 years ago and they still standing. Everone opartor then want better use some old hitachi or volvo like JCB. And this was the and of JCB in my company.
we have a saying. Junk comes from Britian.. not a fan of them in my limited expirence.