Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what can a 6r push??

WScott ยท 2008-05-12 21:54

Ive got to place a bid soon for a large pad. Going to lease a 6r or 6t Any Idea of how much yards one can push in a pass? Got to figure out time frame of how much we can move with it in a day, week, etc. any ideas.

Replies4
  1. #1catken2008-05-12 22:50

    Cat Performance Handbook Check ou the Caterpillar Performance Handbook, 1st section and it will give you a good idea what you need to know.

  2. #2CatSkinner77V2008-05-13 07:59

    I am not very familiar with the machine, we used to rent a D6H LGP machine which I believe is similar in horsepower and wieght. I ran a D6N a few winters ago, but that is a small D6 compared to an R or T. That 6H we rented would actually push pretty good for its wieght, i wouldn't be scared to say almost as much as an old lowhorse D8H...... Maybe even as much as a D8N hahaha, you all know how much I hate those bagless tractors..... anywho whatever you do,just remember its a RENTAL!! run it like you stole it lol.

  3. #3Construct'O2008-05-13 21:08

    D6R XL with SU blade capacity is 7.34 yds and width is 10' 6''. D6R XW with SU blade capacity is 7.35 yds and width is 11' 6" You would think the XW with the wider blade would be more then .01 yds more capacity. Older D6 with straight blades was 3.98, D7 straight blade was 5.49 So the new D6R's has more capacity older D7. Older D8H with straight blade is 9.98 yds. Gives you some info to compare a little with.Good luck:usa

  4. #4WScott2008-05-14 18:40

    thank you so much that is exactly what I needed.. :notworthy:notworthy