Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what causes this on valve plate?

auy_tong2 ยท 2024-06-13 09:01

what causes this on the valve plate thanks

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2024-06-13 09:08

    What do the slippers look like.? Is that a crack I see in it.? At first glance I would suggest cavitation.

  2. #2auy_tong22024-06-13 09:33

    what do you slippers? no crack just the pitting...

  3. #3Nige2024-06-13 09:52

    Look closer where the arrows are. Is that a trick of the photo because it sure looks like a crack to me.

  4. #4Nige2024-06-13 09:57

    It is from either a piston pump or piston motor, correct.? So the face of #7 that rotates in contact with that plate.

  5. #5auy_tong22024-06-13 10:16

    ahh dont have that...on hitachi ex200-2

  6. #6auy_tong22024-06-13 10:17

    ill check the crack.again thanks

  7. #7MarcusZ19672024-06-13 10:39

    This is a crack. IIRC Slipper=Swish plate??

  8. #8MarcusZ19672024-06-13 10:42

    Weird.... My arrows didn't show up.....

  9. #9auy_tong22024-06-13 19:15

    its not a crack only dirt i think...

  10. #1092U 34062024-06-13 22:13

    Looks like cavitation. Restricted pump inlet would be the first thing I'd check.

  11. #11Welder Dave2024-06-14 00:16

    I don't think dirt would make a very fine line like that. I'd think a chunk of something hard slammed in the edge so hard it caused a crack. Maybe a chunk from the damaged edge. I don't know if cavitation alone would cause that much damage. It looks expensive though.

  12. #12Coaldust2024-06-14 02:01

    I see high hours, pain, heartbreak, dirty oil and cavitation in that picture. Followed by, disappointment, broken dreams and a bucket of cash.

  13. #13Nige2024-06-14 05:43

    Oh that moment has long past......... And it IS a crack by the way. Either way the port plate (and the rest of the pump) is toast.