Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do the Bobcat guys think of the S220 Model?

coorecat ยท 2012-01-25 20:51

Here's ours, not the best looking one but at least it has A.C.

Replies13
  1. #1KSSS2012-01-25 21:54

    I am not a BC guy but I like that machine.

  2. #2coorecat2012-01-26 10:17

    Yeah overall It is one of the best wheeled machines we've purchased it does everything you ask it to do and more with no down time yet @ 1500 hrs other than an occasional tire.The only thing I might do different on the next one is get the pilot or e/h controls after running a Tak 240 and a Cat 299 I kinda like that setup,never thought I'd say that! lol Nice website by the way.

  3. #3Yellowdog2012-01-26 17:19

    I like the s220. Having owned an 773, 863, s220, s250, s300, and s330, I would rate the s220 at the top with the s330. It's light for its power, has a good ROC and plenty of pushing power. Add tracks and it's really versatile and I found it to be fairly low maintenance. They are a lot more fun with the E/H controls with a foot throttle and 2 speed.

  4. #4coorecat2012-01-26 18:49

    I think the next will have the E/H controls. I have a set of ott loegering tracks but haven't had a need to put them on yet. Looks like the next one will be a 630 or 650 as I am Bobcat through and through but do like other brands to, mainly a takeuchi 240 of a friends I've been helping him run here lately. Just don't know if I'll ever be able to bite the bullet and buy a tracked machine and cost that come from the upkeep.

  5. #5Reel hip2012-01-30 20:59

    Love it. I have owned 8 bobcats from 743 to 974's. Good machine mine has ac and power bobtach. Works fine 2,800 hrs and runs great.

  6. #6coorecat2012-01-30 22:52

    Yeah I love the S220 models.I think it's probably one of the most solid models Bobcat ever made, and for AC and power bobtach I will always have it from now own.Ours came with the Gold package everything but 2speed , but really don't know why I would need it for anyway in my application.

  7. #7Jeepwalker2012-02-05 12:11

    Looks like a nice, clean rig. Gotta love that longer wheelbase. BTW, does the longer wheelbase tear up tires a ton faster than the shorter WB, or not so much? Thanks

  8. #8Jeepwalker2012-02-05 12:14

    Hey, one more question: Does the "For Hire" sign on the lift arms, has it gotten you any business? I mean, have guys tracked you down from reading it and asked for a quote or two?

  9. #9coorecat2012-02-05 17:06

    Yeah the longer wheel base makes a huge difference in the ride and tire wear is normal as I take it easy on rough surfaces. As for the stickers when I first started out doing it on the weekends they did help, I got work from several people when they would see it parked at Lowes or at a restaurant at lunch one I do a lot of work for now.Now I have professional stickers on all my equipment.

  10. #10MarkinMass2012-02-06 15:41

    I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 Bobcat S220 with 2,200 hours for $19.9k. The machine is in excellent condition and has cab with heat. How much room do you think I have on price with this machine? I checked Machinery trader and price seems decent, but not great.

  11. #11Colorado Digger2012-02-06 18:35

    i don't know alot about the 220.but 19k for a 7 year old machine with 2200 hours on it is high. i would think you should pay 14-16k. that's what one of my large frame machine's would fetch. regards, cd

  12. #12ChrisBlevins2012-02-06 21:13

    I have ran a 220 around a few jobs sites unloading pallets mainly, it was a bit light on power when digging with it though.

  13. #13coorecat2012-02-06 22:16

    Markinmass I have to agree with CD I got this one when it was only 2 years old with 900 hrs on it for 20,000 and threw in a 1,000 hour service, 4n1 bucket , smooth bucket and forks and delivered. Blevins what was light about it? I run s 300's and s 250's to and they all seem to be right there together to me.Are you talking lift capacity?