Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do you guys think?

classictruckman ยท 2011-02-19 22:44

What do ya think something like this: http://www.liebherr.com/AT/en-GB/products_at.wfw/id-12329-0/measure-metric mounted on something like this except with a tandem steer: http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2491788& Possible in North America?

Replies16
  1. #1Linkbelt HC2011-02-20 00:44

    Hey Classic; There is a company here in Edmonton with one. Northern Crane Service has an LTF 1045. It is a handy machine but a little top heavy. It is a tandem steer, tri-drive axle setup.

  2. #2mitch5042011-02-20 02:02

    would make a nice budget crane, though maybe a twin steer version of your avatar would be more practical

  3. #3classictruckman2011-02-20 10:57

    Yeah I was thinking that too, there would be a nice space between the cab and the crane for a rigging box.

  4. #4classictruckman2011-02-20 11:00

    I would prefer the 1060 if I had the money available for a unit like this, but the 45 isn't a bad machine either.

  5. #5strut2011-02-22 14:39

    The company I work for has 3 0f them, all on volvo chassis, they are a very handy little crane

  6. #6boomguy2011-02-24 09:34

    I might be wrong but i think it is just a tandem tandem t800.

  7. #7nickbowers2011-02-24 15:56

    i would be putting it ona twin steer, lot of weight over the front when driving

  8. #8Hard Nocks2011-11-23 11:51

    A company I used to work for, Axani brothers, has a 1045 out of cold lake, alberta. It is a tandem tandem.

  9. #9classictruckman2011-12-21 07:31

    So, there's 2 of them out west, or one that changes hands alot cause it has some problems?

  10. #10Hard Nocks2011-12-21 10:08

    There are at least 2 1045's out here working, and I heard there is a new one for sale still. Axani's didn't have much for problems with theirs, accept for one of the taillights, and a few little things. I think that the 1060 put on a tandem steer, tri-drive would be a fantastic setup... Liebherr will have to get after it! A company in B.C. just put a National 55 ton on a tridem steer, tridem drive truck, with a fifthwheel...that would be intresting to see at work.

  11. #11classictruckman2011-12-22 13:19

    Tri-steer, Tandem-drive, that would be a weird looking truck.

  12. #12classictruckman2011-12-22 13:21

    I would definately be interested in a LTF 1060, but I'll have to wait a few more years until its time to replace our manitex, and the payments are done on some of our other trucks.

  13. #13froggy2011-12-22 23:35

    22k steer w/445-tire's wil-do

  14. #14Hard Nocks2011-12-24 14:30

    There is articles on that 55ton national with a picture if you do a search for nbt 55 national. Oh, here's a pic I managed to add.

  15. #15Forward2012-01-08 15:03

    cost a nice penny to replace all the rubber but certainly a nice machine

  16. #16Hard Nocks2012-01-08 19:39

    Yeah, the 445's on the front are around $700 to $800 Canadian, and the drive tires are probably $500 to $600 apiece... So probably up to $12000 in tires. Glad I don't have to buy them, lol!