Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do you mean I’m fired ?!?

385Diggin' Doug ยท 2008-03-05 09:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j15IHKQuSmc&feature=related Two guys watching an "operator" destroy a machine. Material bucket on ; pipe bucket sitting next to him. What do you mean I need a hammer ?:Banghead:beatsme:Banghead.:cool2 What do you guys think,Did I get it or do we need more ? I think I can get it. ointhead

Replies16
  1. #1Legdoc2008-03-05 10:32

    From the video there looks to be alot of slop at the turntable. That guy should have his ass removed!

  2. #2rino14942008-03-05 11:26

    Maybe it is a rental.

  3. #3Burnout2008-03-05 17:25

    It's just a Case...... When I was still back in Ontario my boss saw one of our new guys doin that with the Daewoo 130 and I never heard soo much swearing in a single sentence. Needless to say he was kickin his lunchpale back to his truck without a job.

  4. #4deeredriver2008-03-05 20:51

    I can't even think how sore this guy would be at the end of the day. But I guess you can't fix stupid!

  5. #5pushcat2008-03-05 21:07

    "Stupid is as stupid does." Forrest Gump

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2008-03-05 21:24

    I fired a guy that ran machinery that way. He then got hired by the general contractor on the same site, and turned loose on a brand new EX-750 Hitachi. He dug rock just like in the video, raising the boom 4 to 6 feet, then slamming it down repeatedly. It was a rental, and the contractor figured it was cheaper than blasting, or renting a breaker. The machine was in terrible shape after he ran it for nearly 1000 hrs.

  7. #7Dwan Hall2008-03-06 10:37

    notice the 2 white hats standing there watching? They also need to look for a new job. Not only for letting this happen but also for putting there life in danger from been so close to flying rocks, teeth, parts, etc.

  8. #8Raildudes dad2008-03-06 19:33

    Two summers ago, the city had a contractor rebuild the street in front of our office. They put in new sanitary, storm sewer and watermain before placing the new concrete roadway. One afternoon I was talking to a lady on the phone and stood by the window to multi task (watch the construction and talk on the phone ). The operator of the CAT 330 excavator was pounding with the bucket just like the guy in the video. They were laying the new storm to a new catch basin at the time. I couldn't figure out what he was pounding on or why. (I'm a civil engineer - road guy). It became very apparent what he was pounding on when he knocked the top out of live 16 inch watermain. Instantly, there was a geyser over 50 feet high in the high tension power lines no less. I told the lady, you're not going to believe this but I just watched a guy knock hole in a BIG watermain. By the time the city got the main turned off, all our parking lots had water up to the floorboards of the cars. We had employees wading barefoot to their cars to leave after work. Later I asked the contractor's risk manager what the operator was doing. He said the operator claimed he thought he was pounding on a rock ledge. Duh - what were those blue paint marks on the pavement behind him? 2 Foremen stood right there and watched him (1 underground guy and 1 grade guy).

  9. #9Dozerboy2008-03-10 18:47

    Case has good hoes there rebadged Linkbelts. I love how everybody flames the operator in these vids and they have no clue as to what the back story is.

  10. #10ASPHALT042008-03-10 19:29

    I had a concrete removal job like that about 6 or 7yrs ago.........I didn't beat for that long, however my employer at the time was too cheap to rent a big enough machine for what was required. I did as I was told and ended up throwing the smaller pieces into the stagetically place larger ones I couldn't pick up to break them and get them in the truck! I think the estimator came under fire for it because crete was twice as thick as what was suppose to be there. My boss at the time (which I'm thankful he's not anymore!) favorite thing was to say "Shut the **** up and do what your told!" He was truely brilliant!

  11. #11Buckethead2008-04-19 13:41

    I agree with Dozerboy and Asphalt on this one. Perhaps it was not the operator's decision to do it that way. If the owner of the machine/person who signs your paycheck tells you to abuse the machine it's not your fault if it wears out prematurely.

  12. #12ZAXIS2008-04-19 21:41

    Good one Burnout-I agree!! (ha ha)

  13. #13manohman32c2008-04-25 18:12

    do you mean that case uses linkbelts with their logos on them?

  14. #14stretch2008-04-25 18:18

    They're both rebranded Sumitomos with different engines (Isuzu or Cummins).

  15. #15iron kid2008-04-25 18:28

    that has to be a rental there is no way anybody would do that to there own

  16. #16armadillo2008-04-25 23:47

    You can dig,scatch, or pry, if you chop your fired is what I tell opperators on my equipment. I have a JD310 SE 4x4 with all most 7000hrs and still pretty tight. If it squicks you'v wated to long to grease!!