I just read a news which reaveled that the turnover of CAT is the combination of the 3 construction machinery giants in China and its profit is equal with the whole industry in China. The news make me deep in thought. Why CAT could be so successful and formidable? I don't think there is enterprise could transcend it in the next 10 years. I see CAT as guranteed, famous, safe and various. What do you see from it ?
Pay low, sell high. Alex.
I have a question of my own. Why is it you use large and unique words not common in most posts but can't get a sentence punctuated enough for us to understand what you are trying to ask?
I wonder if it's because English isn't his first language? Just saying.
Real simple lonkinggroup. Caterpillar has been around a long time and has a reputation for producing higher quality products then their competitors and providing far superior support for their products then all of the competition put together. It is obvious that you people in china don't get the quality concept or product support concept yet even though you have been trying to be an industrial manufacturing force in the world for over 20 years. It looks to me that if you haven't figured it out yet that there is very little chance that you ever will. You better figure out that if you can't run with the big dogs you better stay on the porch. From what I have seen on here it appears that several other countries are willing to except your poor quality in exchange for cheap prices. It does not work here in the US. That is why Caterpillar will continue to prosper, be profitable and produce a good return for its stock holders. :usa:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa
I am sorry, because my English is vey poor.
It's fair for you to be prejudice about Chinese products a decade ago, but I don't think you have observed the fast development of China, everything is changing. It is also a headache for Chinese people because most of you think vey lowly of their products. Times has changed, and if you still think the way you thought a decade ago, their is no further development for your people.
My opinion of chinese products is from right now. It takes 2 or 3 tries to get a product to work right granted once you get a good one it is prety good but time is money and I don't want to work on things all of the time if I don't have to. I have only purchased small things made in china as I won't gamble on a large purchase. For example if I were to buy a trash pump a good one with dealer suport probably made in Japan would be $600 but a china one is $200 am I willing to take the risk that the first one will work or will it be the third one witch now equals the dealer supported one plus all of the time spent working on it and hasel. China might get a good rep one day but it won't be because of me as I have ben burnt to many times. If you spent the time you spend worring about Caterpillar trying to make a better product not copying what CAT has built you might gain support. I will never buy a copyed machine as someone else is due the credit and should be payed for their work and time developing it. I know that everything won't be made in America but what in not should be purchased from a country that has worked for it and not copied it. I am not all Cat but Cat, Deere, Bobcat, and Takeuchi all name brands with a solid dealer and good parts supply this is what works for me and my opinion on good machines in the industry. This is not ment to be offinsive to you. I would like to see something to support your statement as to the chinese brands geting better today as I have not seen it here.
chinas products are still lacking in a lot of key areas. Until they can step up and support their equipment and prove 45 years from now they will still have equipment reliably working in the field with 30,000 hours on it and parts availability they will not be near caterpillars level. Also china's refusal to play by the rules and be good global citizens is not helping their product image AT ALL. Its a headache for Americans that the Chinese have no remorse for producing government subsidized low cost, low quality products and flooding the global markets at a rate that no un subsidized company could even touch in a free market enterprise. Not to mention that they claim to be a modern fully developed player that rivals anything European or American then in the same breath if you mention the fact they are massive polluters and horrible citizens they run and hide behind the "Developing nation" gimmick.
Well depending on what data you look at China may or may not be on the top of the list. If you look a tons of greenhouse gases, China is number one, followed closely by the USA. If you use greenhouse gases per capita they are not even in the top ten. Tom
Ever seen the air over Beijing? Makes L.A. in the 60s look like denver in the 20's
In reply to Lonkinggroup comment 1 - A decade ago not much here was made in China , little things maybe but not much machinery 2 - If you think it has changed think again . I bought a chest tool box about 10 days ago , the latch has already fallen off it . I also bought some electrical wire stripers/cutter/crimpers , the cutting edge has too bigger gap and won't cut . I know that your group did not make any of these products but Chinese products in general seem to be of poor quality PS Don't go calling me prejudice about China , if I was I would not have bought the darn things in the first place
I think like most people you bought them cuz they were cheep like most people and you were rewarded accordingly. Thats how china has been getting away with it for so long.
You got it Dualie , expensive in the long run cause I now going to replace them . Maybe in 30 years they might have some good products , when I was growing up Japannise products were thought of as junk
LonKing please just shut up with these stuiped questions as all you are doing is asking for a china bashing moment you make it hard for everyone else. come on you are ment to be in the industry you should be able to work this out yourself. hounestly please stop making stuiped post on this site. as it is very much american why dont you ask the local chinese market as they seem to buy a lot of CAT excavators so please stop with these questions and i hope a MOD will block this Thread P.S also why dosent Lonking get a head they employ useless staff who **** off the whole industry. THANKS
I have no doubt that the consensus of opinion here on the board is that Chinese made products are not highly regarded, and while I'm sure lonkinggroup's goal is to change that consensus, and I applaud the sincerity of that, it does get kind of tiresome seeing essentially the same discussion happen every time the subject comes up. Yeah, I was thinking that, even before I read all the way down to your post.