A friend of mine is thinking about looking at a condor to buy. He owns 2-40h, 1-60h, 1-601s. I service & maintain these for him. I rarely have ever seen one of these & know nothing about them. I always tell him that getting a good deal may cost much more in the long run. Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul
Condor Manlifts I have a 2wd and a 4wd Condor 68s with the books for sale email if interested Thanks
If it is anything other than a T-60 avoid at all costs! We used to have five of these machines and they are nothing but trouble. Honestly i dont know very much about the T-60s, but i am told they are a world better than the old Q models. Really there are so many other good options out there you really wouldnt need to even entertain a Condor. Im not joking when i say that if you cant buy one for scrap value i wouldnt buy it. Thats just my opinion, not trying to be rude but we have history with them and i know other contractors who have owned them and would say the same. Good luck
If you want to keep your friend as a friend, talk him out of the Condor and push him to buy another H model JLG. From my experience with Condors, you will start avoiding your friends calls after a few run-ins with it. edit: I do want to say that back during the day, Condor (Calavar) introduced advancements in the industry that helped make it what it is today. Compaired to what was available at the time.
Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions! I always would prefer a Jlg over anything. A genie would be next. I was against it anyway. If it don't have a diesel that's a big reason in itself. He even just found a 600s which I would like to see before the 40 h. After his job building condos he figures they all most go. Has 4 Jlg booms & 1 scissor. Anyway thanks for your opinion so my friend dosent think I'm crazy. Years ago I took Jlg classes when employed by nations rent (now sunbelt). Thanks again - Paul
i worked on them back in the mid 80's, always seemed like a conglomeration of somebody elses parts and pieces wisconsin engines, deere radial piston pumps, every unit we had was a little "different" from the next one, basket control panels were all slightly different, as well as wiring, valving, pump drives ect. spent more time trying to make some "commonality" between units, so we could keep parts inventory to a minimum. :drinkup