Hey guys, I am a design engineer for a smallish company manufacturing mobile tracked crusher (Jaw and cone) and screener plants. I have been working with machines like this for over 4 years. I have noticed that almost all machines on the market are very similar, there is quite little innovation going on and I'm not sure whether there is only so far you can go or do the designers are not aware of what can be useful? Is there real demand for something new, something better? I want to design a machine based on the feedback of people who actually use these machines and maintain them so I thought this was as good a place as any. So I wanted to ask you guys if anyone has experience working with or even owning that kind of equipment? What do you like about these machines? What do you not like about them? What would you like to see improved? Have you got ideas that you always wanted to show to a designer? Or any questions you would like to ask? Basically, what would your perfect crusher or screener be like? Because that's what I want to design!
one like every body that has never run one think's they are like to run. Check oil and top off the fuel cause it did not use but a couple of quart's of fuel yesterday crank it up and just throw every thing at it all day and it just keep's spitting out pretty little rock's all day never touch it all day till you go back over to cut the engine off and go home come back tomorrow and do it all over again that would be a good machine when can I expect mine to be delivered I have a good job I need to demo it on for a couple of weeks...eer months. P.S. no parts to wear out no belts to repair or bearings no hopper to bridge or infeed chute no V belts or hyd hoses
buck123, I have a few! 1) don't send any more machines to the U.S. unless it is plumbed using o-ring face or jic fittings and hoses. 2) I would like to see "madill" style engine and drive belt enclosures, you could google around basically enclosures are one piece heavy duty which hydraulically open usually creating a place to stand while performing repairs. 3) replace the cables and turnbuckles which normally hold up the discharge conveyor on a jaw plant with cylinders so you can put a longer conveyor on the machine so it can lower for transport but raise to a head pulley height of around 14 feet for larger stockpile capacity and easier to feed the next unit in line. 4) a real crusher System so 2-3 crushers and 2-3 screens are actually designed to fit together on a level/flat area. 5) remote hydraulic couplers on the main crusher to power auxiliary conveyors or ? 6) I have always thought a track double rolls crusher would make an awesome tertiary crusher......Oh I can come up with more if you get all of that stuff designed..........TIO
Hi Buck123 , try to design something with 'quality, reliability & durability' in mind. Wait, you're from Northern Ireland so you kind of wrote the book on quality, reliability & durability Seriously though, if clintm will be satisfied by your design, I think it will be a success all around.