Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What does 3 spool mean?

MDD ยท 2008-11-12 21:45

?? saw this on some loaders online.

Replies4
  1. #1OCR2008-11-12 22:22

    Hello MDD, It usually means that there are 3 separate valves... giving you the ability to have three separate functions. An example would be... valve for loader arms, valve for bucket, and a valve for another function... say, a log grapple... or some other attachment. There would (should) be three controls in the cab... one for each function. If I'm in need of correction... please do so... I could be...... Regards, OCR

  2. #2pwrstroke6john2008-11-12 22:24

    Thats what I have always went with.

  3. #3MDD2008-11-12 22:31

    hmmm.. ok. Found some other good deals on the net and a few said that as an option. I was trying to rule 3 spool out as another description for the 3 fingertip sticks instead of a joystick.

  4. #4JackDeere2008-11-14 23:01

    It usually means auxiliary hydraulics. One spool is boom, one bucket, and the third for four in one bucket or some other attachment.