I know it was the precursor to the 3304. But it wasn't an actual 3304. Can someone enlighten me please? 90A 872 is the serial number. Thank you
I think it just popped in my head. D330? I bought this 950 years ago. And if I remember right I found out that the engine was actually out of a tract front end loader and put into my 950. So I'm pretty sure mine's a d330 because of that. But I'm not sure if that serial number 950 came with that engine or if it was something different
My info says D330T @ 125hp
90A is the prefix for a US-built 950. Build started in 1964 so your machine ought to be a 64 or 65. Maybe someone else can date it closer. I think the engine in your loader should be a D330C. This is provided of course that it still has the original engine. Machines of that era carried the same Serial Number on both the plate on the machine and also the one on the engine. Which plate are you getting your "90A872" from, the engine or the machine.? If you happen to have the engine apart then measure the bore diameter. 4.5" makes it a D330, 4.75" makes it a D330C. Cat called their wheel loaders "Traxcavators" back in that era. Maybe this could be where you are getting the idea the engine came from a track loader.
Looked in my book again. One place says D330T and the other place say D330. If it doesn't have a turbo, then it's a D330. Serial numbers for 1965 go up to 00858' 1966 starts with 00859 and goes through 01872. FWD
90A's had the D330T