Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What engine is in this old Toyota FD150

03hdrk ยท 2018-09-12 21:03

I am working on an old Toyota FD150. The name plate actually says "Toyoda Automatic Loom Works" on the bottom. The counterweight has "Toyota" cast in it. The engine is a straight 6 diesel natural asperated. There are 2 valve covers and the kill lever in the cab pulls on a lever that goes through the top of each valve cover. Anyone know anything about such an engine?

Replies6
  1. #103hdrk2018-09-12 21:27

    PIC

  2. #2JRK19782022-05-31 01:13

    Hello , this is Toyota 2D Diesel Engine . 6,5Ltr 112HP . I have the same engine is a Toyota FD 100 Forklift. If you need any Information or picutures please ask. Do you have a repair manual for Toyota FD 150? or maybe a spare parts list?

  3. #3JRK19782022-05-31 08:12

    I also have a repair manual for the engine

  4. #403hdrk2022-05-31 22:55

    Thanks for replying even though this thread is really old. I think the company that had that forklift went out of business - they were oil field. I was told, by the Toyota dealer here that the forklift must have been imported with a company bringing in machines to establish their business. It was not allowed to be sold in the states... Thanks again

  5. #5JRK19782022-06-01 03:03

    Thanks for your fast reply. do you who has bought this machine? I'm looking for a repair manual for years already

  6. #603hdrk2022-06-02 22:36

    No it don't know where the machine is. Sorry. I never saw a manual.