Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what fluids for 98 L120C Volvo

BAD5oh ยท 2013-10-10 10:06

Can anyone tell me what fluids are used in a L120C? hydraulic, axles, transmission.

Replies4
  1. #1Ben Witter2013-10-10 11:27

    Hyd- ISO VG 46 Trans- Transmission fliud or engine oil meeting Allison C4 specs Axles Volvo WB 101 oil Or you could have just called your dealer in Woburn and gotten the info

  2. #2BAD5oh2013-10-10 12:33

    I did. Not much help since they only gave me Volvo numbers and types of their own oil. It's where we bought the machine. We have 6 loaders. We buy our oil from one guy but he is on vacation for another week and the loader is in for winter service. I am trying to find out if there is oil I can cross the Volvo oil to. Still trying to find stuff online. Was just hoping to get a quicker answer here

  3. #3billythebairn2013-10-12 14:28

    hyd- iso 46 or 32 dependent on ambient temp range trans-dextron 2 or 3 axle with inboard wet brake - wb101 or wb 102. some engine oils can be used but volvo additive 11998605 has to be used in conjunction.

  4. #4Ben Witter2013-10-12 21:10

    You probably asked them what oil to put in the compartments not the oil specs. Follow the specs I gave you above. ISO 46 hyd is good for your area. Dexron 2 0r 3 is no longer available so you should look for a trans fluid meet the spec I gave you. If you have to you can probably use Mobil 424 in the axles but I would check the prices you get at the dealer and what you get from your oil guy.