Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What fuilds to use in case680e call for sae30w/case TCH fuild /type c-2 /case FDL gear lube

bigrich954rr · 2018-02-11 02:18

im going though and replacing all the fuilds in my case 680e backhoe. Need ideas as this is my first time working with old equipment and case equipment. Engine oil calls for Case HDM oil 30wt Thinking of switching to 15-40wt ? Or should I keep using 30wt oil ? The Hydraulic system calls for Case TCH fuild . Thinking about the Walmart Syntech tractor fuild open to all ideas? Transmission calls for Case FDL gear lube ? What would you use ? For grease I’m using Lucas green and Schaeffers 238

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-02-11 05:46

    I DO KNOW that the TCH fluid is real expensive & there are alternatives.. BUT.. Walmart aint 1 of'm..

  2. #2AllDodge2018-02-11 11:08

    Opinion: Straight weight oils are better overall the multi grades. Case says use 30wt so I would use 30 except maybe in the cold winter months, maybe then 10w30. As for all lubricates, I would look at the side of the container and see if it states meeting Case requirements. If it does then look it up at API to see if it meets what is stated

  3. #3bigrich954rr2018-02-11 18:59

    Ok I’ll just use the straight 30w Any good brands to look for? Any ideas for the other fluids?

  4. #4AllDodge2018-02-11 19:14

    Don't think I'm in the majority, but I use any diesel oil which meets current API certifications for motor oil. Rotella, Delvac, Mobil, NAPA, etc, which ever is on sale. https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsSearch Hope others come in that are more informed with case, but the pipe line company has all case equipment and they get there oil from NAPA, TO4 (30W) for trans and AWS32 for hydraulics