Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What happened to the D7E electric drive?

Puffie40 · 2021-11-16 14:24

I was looking at Caterpillar's website, and noticed they don't list their electric drive D7. What happened?

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2021-11-16 20:54

    I don't know of one that was ever sold in the Northwest.

  2. #2big ben2021-11-16 21:38

    They went back to a regular high drive D7. Now you can get the D6 XE (same idea as the D7E). No idea why other than the D6 (replaced the D6T) is a much more popular dozer than a D7 so they probably will have a much larger potential customer base for that size dozer. And you can get the D6 as a regular dozer or XE so customers can now choose.

  3. #3Coaldust2021-11-16 21:41

    Ted Steven’s Anchorage International Airport has one. I got to sit in on the class that NC Machinery did for the DOT maintenance crew.

  4. #4.RC.2021-11-16 22:09

    I thought the D7E was really for the government/municipal and large companies looking to get "green" brownie points with the public.

  5. #5Coaldust2021-11-16 23:06

    Yes, pretty much so.

  6. #6Puffie402021-11-16 23:19

    I guess the D7E was a little too alien looking, having gone to a flat track and single blade cyilinder. I dunno, I guess I just liked the looks of it.