Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What happened to the Manitex TC85159?

Manistar ยท 2024-01-23 23:20

Almost a year ago now Manitex unveiled their new tc85159 boom truck. They had a media event at conexpo. On cranenetwork and cranetrader, crane works dealers had for sale postings to order one. But now all of the for sale post are gone and there hasn't been any more information about it. Manitex just revamped their website a month or two ago now and they added and subtracted their models list but there's no tc85159. If you search the website with "tc85159" it comes up with no results found and on there social media they deleted the media thing they had from conexpo. Only in my dreams would I be in the market for this boom truck but I just thought it was cool and I've been waiting to see some load charts. So were they just selling a few of them as like proto types and they're still in development? Or were the few of them they made an epic fail in some way that they pulled them back out of production? Maybe they're sold out on what they can produce but it just seems like a strange sale/marketing strategy to put money into developing something and then not having any info about it.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-01-24 02:46

    Maybe no interest so put on the back burner or discontinued in favor of another model.

  2. #2Manistar2024-01-30 22:31

    Maybe? It just seems strange. From the few pictures I saw it looked like a new mega-form style boom and x style front outriggers. So it wasn't just their tc65159 with more counter weight. I would think if they put money into developing it their must have been a demand from the big rental places but maybe the final product didn't hit the mark.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-01-30 23:22

    Maybe it was a "737 Max" and they decided it's better not to put it on the market??