Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What in the heck is wrong with JCB parts book?

tpitt ยท 2017-05-27 16:31

I have a 1995 JCB 214 series 2 backhoe. Serial 3 SLP214CSE0433511 I need a 45mmX330mm pin for the dipper ram (rod end). I had the dipper cylinder rebuilt and am replacing the pins and bushings. I have all the proper bushings and seals, but the rod end takes a 45mmX330mm pin. I have a parts book and it always points to a 50mm pin. THIS WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!! The seals and bushings are 45mm and already installed. They fit perfectly as does my old pin.

Replies4
  1. #1RDC_580C2017-05-29 12:28

    Is any manual, parts or otherwise, ever really perfect? Here's a nice excerpt from the Case 580C service manual when reinstalling the Shuttle, that I hope no one has ever followed word for word, I sure didn't. "Before installing the power shuttle, make two guide studs by cutting the heads off two 7/16"-NC x 6" bolts and cut a screwdriver slot in each side of the converter housing." To be more specific about your issue though, I see the online parts manual lists 4 different Rams for the dipper. A HighLift, then Standard D, both use a 50mm busing/pin, then there are 2 more Standard D that are for Rest of World and USA Build, and those have the 45mm busing/pin.

  2. #2tpitt2017-05-29 12:53

    Can you pleas send me a picture? Mine is USA extradig. We've came to the conclusion that mine has bosse's on it so it takes a longer pin. I've never been able to find a 45mm pin in my schemati9cs. I'll try and attach a picture!

  3. #3RDC_580C2017-05-29 13:42

    I just plugged you serial into the JCB parts site and had a quick look around was all. https://parts.jcb.com/parts/search/sections/?ddlSerialNo=0433511

  4. #4tpitt2017-05-29 13:55

    Been there done that. I was able to get the right bushings and seals, but the pin they call for won't work. I have one here! Appreciate the help though. I'm going to call JCB tomorrow.