Hi everyone, I will start by saying: I know absolutely nothing about the nature of my inquiry. I have recently been tasked with selling some of our used trucks. I work for a portable storage company in Washington State. We move shipping containers that are bought, rented, or modified into Job shacks or offices. The truck I am going to sell is a 2009 FL M2106 Tandem axle with ~250,000 miles on it. It will just be the truck being sold with No deck Any sort of help or information would be appreciated, I am currently just googling all info about this truck. What do you think is a good starting point for just a simple craigslist post, and would you recommend auction houses such as Richie Bros, or James Murphy?
Not sure about price but try and sell it privately instead of paying commission with no guarantee's on a price.
Do your research well because with dry freight hitting the skids nationally there are thousands of used truck/tractors flooding the market. The bottom fell about two months ago, on the average used trucks took a $10,000 dollar drop. I wouldn't even begin to give you an estimate on worth at this point-buyers market.
Get the specs from the truck you are selling, go to Truckpaper and look for trucks with similar specs, mileage, and condition, this will get you in the ballpark....
That depends if those truck paper listings were updated-I doubt it because many of those trucks have been on there awhile and were taken as trade when those rigs were valued at a higher level. A rig that was taken on trade 6 months ago at lets say $45,000 is now at a level of $35,000 and those are moved to the back lot hoping prices go up to keep from taking a bath on the trade in. Although 95% of truck salesman need a bath most are pretty ripe.
Welcome to the Forums plarsen1212! I agree with Tags, Truck Paper is a good place to start. Go the the category of M2106's that best meet your specs. Click on the VIEW HIGH/LOW/AVERAGE button to the right of the email icon. You will have to have a Truck Paper account, which is free. Once the HIGH/LOW/AVERAGE page is up this is how I get an idea on what a truck or piece of equipment is worth - Take the For Sale price without high/low and the Auction price without high/low and average the 2. This will give you a ballpark idea of where to start. However the old adage of something is only worth what another is willing to pay governs. Good luck!
Toilet Paper and My Little Liar are two of the most inflated markets for trucks there is. There are those markets and the real market. Five big requirements for selling a used truck, #1-service and repair records are available, #2 tires at least 50% or better tread, #3 brake lining 50% or better, #4 Interior in good condition and all gauges work along with power windows and mirrors, #5 very minor oil leaks only. All those things have to be considered when selling a truck to bring the best buck.
Don't forget working A/C also truckshop, its all about driver comfort you know......
ac is not a requirement, they want to drive-so sweat it out while eating that greasy chicken. ac is not a dot requirement.
we just picked up a 2013 frtlnr m class `24' flatbed with liftgate real good cond.ex rental 16.000 155159 actual
Crazy to hear the difference in US truck market vs Canadian - or at least here in Ontario. Haven't seen a drop in used truck prices, and new ones are flying off the lot still! Upfitters are still 8-12 weeks out on basic stuff like dump trucks.
Same here in the Southeast, truck prices have only been going up and availability down for vocational trucks. There is a big spring auction coming up here in AL with many 2018, 2019 and 2020 model county owned tri-axles going up for sale that will bring close to what a new truck costs because you can get it now. https://www.jmwood.com/cgi-bin/sear...cks&auction_id=31377&s-page_size=100&s-page=2 Passed our local Ox Body dealer Sunday and I would estimate at least 150 new cab and chassis in their lot waiting on beds.