Hello, I'm looking to buy a quality grapple bucket for a 93 hp tracked skid loader. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I've been to get it with AR400 steel for durability.
I usually stay with oem for my Bobcat, and did so with the grapple bucket. The shielded cylinders were a major selling point for me. Hose routing with aftermarket attachments can be a big issue also, staying oem, usually means plug & play. If there is a problem, I know where to go for parts/service. No dealing with someone 3 states away. Ed
I am looking into this as well. Well, I am looking at a root grapple so maybe not exactly what your looking for but I came across WildKat Attachements. They seem reasonable priced but I am not sure what to look for in a grapple. I am going to be using mine primarily for moving brush and picking up a log, stump or rock every now and then. http://www.wildkatattachments.com/index.html Thoughts? I agree would be nice to find a dealer locally so if you have issues you don't have to deal with someone 3 states away. I will be using a 90hp C232 NewHolland.
I have and Ingersoll Rand grapple bucket and a Faver grapple rake. Both have take a lot of abuse but still do their jobs as they are supposed to. I have used a few other brands here and there but the others didn't have the clamping power and sturdy built that these two do. The Ingersoll is Bobcat branded.
I looked up those Faver grapples and they do look to be well built. It looks like they use the AR400 steel, compare that to the A36 steel used in the WildKat Grapple you can see the strength difference. Not to mention using 1" thick teeth on the Faver and the WildKat using 3/8's. WildKat does appear to have more bracing and gussets on its teeth but gosh what a difference. I emailed WildKat to get a price on there 72" #18 E Series Root grapple and am waiting to hear back from them. But I would assume its going to be around $1500. The Faver is listed on there site for $2950. Thats a price difference of $1450 not to mention shipping. The question is would the lighter built WildKat be good enough for a land owner like myself? I have a D6C i will be using to push the trees down and move the big stuff. Mainly would use this to load logs and stack brush. Sorry to highjack OP, I can post my own thread if needed.
Rustybottom88 A machine with your power would likely tear up lighter weight grapples. I want at least 1/2" thick tines on top and more than that on the bottom. I've about decided that a Faver 8410X is what I'd like. Ebay has them for $4750, but they are a lot better built than the Chinese stuff offered for half that price.
I have been looking online all day and I really like the looks of these and they are the only ones that replied to my email so far. $2500 delivered. http://solesbees.com/skid_steer_grapple_rakes.php
Ya'll need to ditch the internet and talk to your local dealers....I got my Bobcat industrial grapple for half price. It sat on the lot for a while, a little rust and some bubbled paint, never used. They took the hit, wouldn't sell for new as it wasn't perfect. Ed
This is what I have. http://virnigmfg.com/product/skeleton-grapple-attachment/ We carry entire trees, some as big as 12" ash, to the pile with it. Haven't bent it yet, and have it on a Bobcat T770. Was $2500.
That price is more in line with the real world. I don't have any personal experience, but I keep hearing good things about this company's products http://rootgrapple.com/extremerootgrapple.html . I'd stay away from Wildkat stuff. I had a particularly bad experience with the company that builds some of their products. I sent back two of their inferior "heavy duty" attachments.
Keep in mind that the Faver stuff does not include hoses and couplers. I was less than pleased when mine showed up. I have their heaviest 72" and it does interfere with the couplers on the machine if you arent careful, if the grapple is all the way open amd you tilt it all the way back the grapples will contact the couplers on tha machine. I am running a newer bobcat so your mileage may vary. It is a very well built grapple, i would never expect to bend it and every moving joint is greasable. I have put a decent amount of hours on it and have just barely worn off the marks on the tines from the cutter they used to manufacture it.
I'd recommend a root grapple brand, just be sure to get thier extreme duty for that size machine. I've heard some good stuff about Demo Dozer. Or if you're into fabricating, get sheet drops from railroad cars, get it plasma cut and start welding. That's what I plan to do in the near future. I built another attachment using that material ½" thick. The local shop couldn't even shear it, and mild steel they can shear up to 5/8" no problem. It's stout stuff...stronger than AR500.
Do you have a link to drop sheets from railroad car? I need a good reason to buy a new wire welder.
Thanks for the link. Those look good and look to be well made at a reasonable price.
I don't, because its just at a local yard near me. I just go and look for sizes that will fit on our plasma table. It's kinda close to a train depot that loads/unloads lots of various steel from the railroad cars. Might try to find something like that near you and ask around. The piece I got was 4x9x½" for $175.
Oh sorry I thought you were talking about build plans for a grapple.
Update on what I am trying. United Rentals in Rolla Mo brought out a FFC made by Paladin/Bradco for me to try out. It is the commercial model and is 78" wide. I used it to clean up around the landings that the timber cutters left and was happy with it. The only problem that I had was with moving Cedar tops. They're like picking up a gob of spaghetti because they hang down when trying to move and look ahead. Other than that, I will probably buy the thing. Thanks for all of the experience and advice.