Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is it?

Countryboy ยท 2007-02-08 01:28

Anybody know who makes this little dozer. I found it by typing "bulldozer" into Yahoo Images . The picture was in a Family photo album. It looks to be more than just a toy. And no, that is not me on it. link

Replies36
  1. #1Dwan Hall2007-02-08 05:48

    it is a "Struck Mini dozzer" (sp) they came in a kit form some with 8 hp briggs and some had a 10 hp. that one is an 8hp one. they used a fan belt system to transfer power to the tracks. the 10 hp unit also had a electric lift for the blade but the 8 hp 1 was manualy operated. here are a few googled sites with them http://tractorsbyed.tripod.com/id7.html http://www.antiquetractors.com/content/yph6217.htm http://www.antiquetractors.com/contents/adpic2737.htm here is Strucks web site. http://www.struckcorp.com/ I don't beleave the mini is made anymore but I do think parts are avalable. I have 2 of them. real rust buckets right now. If I rember right they were about $2500 in kit form.

  2. #2Countryboy2007-02-08 19:47

    Thanks Dwan. Very interesting piece. :thumbsup

  3. #3biggixxerjim2007-02-22 16:37

    i want one

  4. #49420pullpan2007-02-22 19:00

    i saw this one in northeastern PA

  5. #5biggixxerjim2007-02-22 19:02

    Ha!!! It looks like it's home made Cant tell you much but I love the chain drive... Actually I think I saw and add for one of these in the back of popular mechanics. It was some sort of a kit. I believe.

  6. #6biggixxerjim2007-02-22 19:04

    btw what are you doing in North Eastern Pa, and your from cali??

  7. #79420pullpan2007-02-22 19:10

    i was living in that area at that time i moved to CA last august

  8. #8Dwan Hall2007-02-22 21:22

    It was a kit and was listed in P. M. That unit in PA, is in a lot better shape then mine are right now.

  9. #9stumpjumper832007-02-22 22:00

    looks like a simpilicity or old case lawnmower with tracks. Tracks might have been a comercial kit cause of the decals. Northern tool had some kits in there catalogs awile back didnt they

  10. #10Countryboy2007-02-23 21:23

    Thanks for the info guys and the pics Pullpan. :drinkup

  11. #11Z24O2007-09-28 01:09

    maybe as a novice i should start with one of those and work my way up

  12. #12DuraMaxMan662007-10-16 18:38

    i used to have one of these.....they werent made to do anything serious, if you tried to you'd usually end up breaking something either being the inner rubber drive control belts would come off or break or the chain would come off the sprocket....both were a pain to fix.....the electric lift also had issues

  13. #13mag60002007-10-18 17:55

    The Struck Company has come a long way since those earlier designs. I have an 2004 Model 6000 and it has been an excellent performer for my needs. Here are a few pics.

  14. #14nedly052007-10-19 05:12

    I know a guy with one of those, his has a dozerblade though. Neat lil rig.

  15. #15cope90792007-11-22 08:34

    Allis Chalmers HD 5 Any body out there know what this is? I kind of inherited this old dozer when I purchased the property out of forclosure where it is located a year or two back from the bank. I have had several people tell me that this looks like an old HD 5 yet can't confirm it. I've looked all over this thing for serial numbers and have not found them any where that they should be or at least any where that I have been told that they should be. Does any one recognize this old beast and would it be a worthy resto project? Attached Images

  16. #16woodchuck22008-03-02 21:20

    I see this an old topic but thought i woud reply anyway. Back when i was a little kid around 27 years ago my old man brought home a little dozer on the back of his 3/4 ton Ford and used it around the yard. He sold it a short time later for $500. I remember this because $500 was a decent chunk of change back then. I cant remember what kind it was but he told me he thought the military used them back in WWII for clearing small runways and they were dropped from planes. How true it is i dont know but i stumbled on an old photo with my father running it about a year ago. It had a rounded nose on it and red in color, probably 6' long with like a 3' blade. It had to be worth something to get that money for it back then.

  17. #17ohfd2812008-03-02 23:09

    looks like a good toy for a 5 year old, but is pretty cool.... thanks now i want one!!!!!!

  18. #18stumpjumper832008-12-31 17:33

    woodchuck, search "clark airborne dozer" they were the predisors of what became the case dozer line.

  19. #19seaplane12009-02-15 21:46

    What is it??? The last guy was right about this being a struck mini-dozer and they came with engines to started at 8hp and went up 16hp, I believe that was the MD-1600 that had the larger power.... If anyone is interest do check out struckcorp.com for the full line of these fine small dozers, they are not making the dozer with the little operator sitting on it, but they do have the "NEW" Magnatrac RS1000 which looks pretty nice and they also offer two more much larger models the Magnatrac 4800 and the Brute of the list the Magnatrac 7000 offering a B&S 31hp V-twin engine...... I just joined your forum and I'm looking forward to spending more time here in the near future.......:usa

  20. #20stock2009-02-16 23:29

    Welcome to the forum Seaplane1 bringing any piccs?

  21. #21psychobilly2009-04-23 22:33

    This is an agricat mini I had a few years ago. I bought it at a local scrap yard with a bad tranny and no motor. Swapped a tractor rear in it for a tranny and a 10hp engine.

  22. #22psychobilly2009-04-23 22:35

    Why do my pics not work?

  23. #23stock2009-04-24 16:54

    Like this??

  24. #24seaplane12009-04-26 21:00

    One hell of a crawler??? I just wanted to thank you for sending me those photo's of that crawler you found in the junk yard, looked like fun to drive, keep up the great work!!!!:usa

  25. #25rabia2012-06-22 05:32

    this is mini truck dozer that used to load some little things to anywhere from truck...

  26. #26GBH2012-07-24 10:35

    Anyone know the approx. weight of the Struck Mini dozer?

  27. #27Dwan Hall2012-07-24 11:40

    300 lb give or take 50 lb

  28. #28GBH2012-07-24 13:25

    I thought it would be heavier. Thanks

  29. #29MutsMachines2013-07-24 20:37

    smaller but this is a lennox kitty track

  30. #30mitch5042013-07-24 20:39

    Danged if that Lennox ain't just cute!

  31. #31MutsMachines2013-07-24 20:45

    check out how it works. so simple but so smart and with cooling fans for the belts and pullys

  32. #32mitch5042013-07-24 20:50

    It drives forward off the rubber tires and reverse off the belts, or are the handles backward from normal?

  33. #33MutsMachines2013-07-24 20:59

    I think your confused my friend its forward with the belts

  34. #34mitch5042013-07-24 21:05

    Oh I think I see, the black bar at the base of the handles is a pivot? I was thinking they just pushed the top shaft straight down. That makes sense since the tires produce a higher speed than the belts.

  35. #35glenlunberg2013-08-03 00:02

    This looks very cute! I think my son can drive this one.

  36. #36Coleman3962013-09-22 00:41

    Here is a Struck MT 2000 from the 70's. Here's my "road builder".......lol.