What is it? Red neck ingenuity???? :beatsme Red neck ingenuity is what I call it. Get R Done.:drinkup :cool2 Had a pile of slag to move today and the magnet crane was taking way to long to move it so I came up with this idea. I found a old hoe bucket that came in a load a few days a go and clamped on to it with my shear. I went from a shear to a hoe shear or a shear hoe???:beatsme :beatsme This idea worked out pretty well. I moved about a 150 tons of material this way and then the magnet crane came in and did the finish work. Just wanted to share some of the wired things I run across and some of the ideas I come up to make things work at work.
Alright, I gonna have to give you the "Redneck Seal of Approval" from the "Bosefus Committee". :drinkup Only problem is.......I don't see any Duck Tape anywhere on that contraption. Your gonna lose points for that ya know. :cool2
Better patent the invention quickly, Truckie. How clever is that?
Countryboy, did you check for baling wire. You know it is an acceptable substitute for duct tape. Now if it had both, we would really be on to something.
Why, it's shear genius. :lmao (I crack myself up sometimes...)
I don't see either one......does that mean no points. :laugh Way too much time on your hands........yet pretty funny.
ROTFLMAO :falldownlaugh Good idea truckie, definitly a good display of redneck ingeuity!!!
Sorry Truckie I have to give you a :thumbdown on that one. Now if you made the bucket out of a car hood or something that would be Redneck. IMO you where just being resourceful but almost to the degree of redneck.:usa
I do have bailing wire on the shear, it is holding back one of the hydraulic lines in side the shear. I will get a picture of it and the phone line holding the other line back from rubbing on the piston. There is a enough oil and grease on them at the moment you will be able to tell they were there for a while and not just put on for the picture. I will get the picture for you tomorrow when I am at work. Dozer boy I use to use a piece of flat steel I bent and made in to a scoop but one of the burners cut it.:Banghead
Where you working at Truckie, an old steel mill clean-up job? Lots of those up your way. Good idea with the bucket.
I’m working in our scrap yard right now, but I do get to go out on different jobs. Our yard is on Neville island. I got a few jobs that I should be doing some traveling to and working. We got a concrete plant were working on and a old coal was and storage bunker at a power plant going on at the moment and a few other smaller jobs.
nothing wrong with that idea, we get those kind of ideas after a few "beers" too, LOL thansk
up here at the local scrap yards they use old dozer blades and grip them in the grapples of scrap machines and use them to clean the yard very red neck but hard on the grapple assemblies, considering we have five extra at our shop.
Well here it is. Here is the bailing wire and phone line holding the hydraulic lines back from hitting the piston. Can I get a few points now?
:laugh You really want those points don't you?
give him the points he earned them! Jeff, nice to see you around again.
:waving I think the lone holdout for the awarding of the coveted "Redneck" points is Dozerboy. I don't know if it needs to be a unanimous desicion, but given DB's insight in the "Redneck-a-knowin' bout" department, his approval does carry alot of weight.
Dozerboy, baling wire and old phone line - that has to be worth a couple of redneck points. Just keeping baling wire and old phone line around for possible use is borderline redneck. I vote yes.
Award the Man Pending Dozerboy's approval (since I am a city slicker) I say award the man the Redneck prize, with flying colors. (That is unless he can use the wire to hold down the flying colors.)
As the chairman for the "Bosefus Committee" I am please to announce, after much delegation, that your contraption has been promoted to full Redneck status. Your Certificate of Certification (really really important document) shall be in the mail within 3 business days, not counting Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Please see fine print below: Blah blah blah yackity yack BEER. Mumble mumble stutter HUNTING. Yada yada cough cough FISHING.
Blah blah blah yackity yack BEER. Mumble mumble stutter HUNTING. Yada yada cough cough FISHING Well said CB, your our own Red Neck poly tition type feller.
you forgot to add "Git err dun" on the end.
Thats means for a major butt kicken right there, nothing makes me madder then some twit trashing my creation. I agree with CB you earned your Redneck Certificate of Certification.
I here ya Dozer Boy. I was ticket off when I found out who did it, but I got them back. I told them you screw me I’m going to screw you at least twice as hard and don’t for get I’m the yard boss and I set up your burning table. So I went and got a huge waste water pump for him to burn on.It was something like 5 foot round and 8 foot tall. It kept him busy for about a solid 3 hours and it was dirty cause it was sitting in the back of our yard for a while. I was wearing him down till he found the brass callers in the pump, then he was all happy.:Banghead Thanks for the certification and certificate.
good job
This looks like somthing i would do on my dumptruck & somthing i used to do on my granddads trackhoe, tractor & pan & dozers when i was in a pinch I vote to give truckie 50 redneck ingenuity points for the redneck idea ways of keeping hyd hoses from busting & rubbing :bouncegri :thumbsup later yall Bulldog
subject Dang right ya gets some points!Coming from a redneck,a Ky redneck at that,ya did good. I have seen a piece of I beam in a shear to do clean up with too.Nothing wrong with good old smarts for outwitting dirt and stuff.:drinkup :drinkup
I here ya richardcatdaddy I always keep a I beam laying around to scrap the roads or level out a spot for a truck to dump. Thanks.
subject Awww man!And I thought I was yhe only one that knew about that trick.
subject We need to help Squizzy with his redneck vocabulary. Thats git R dun there Squizzy.
NO, no, no, I got a few other things I keep around to help clean the road just in case I need to do it my self :bouncegri I can’t always get out magnet operator to come mag up the road :beatsme :Banghead so I have to do it my self most of the times. A rolled up section of old fence dose wonders on a dirt road for sweeping.
Yep and for building demo a large pile of carpet works ok too.