Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is it worth?

puredieselpower ยท 2006-08-26 17:45

Been using my t-180, and love it. However for some of my larger jobs it is a bit to small, so I have been looking to possible trade up to a t-250 with the same options I have. So what do you all think the 180 is worth with 75hrs. has the gold package and installed a radio. Thanks

Replies19
  1. #1itsgottobegreen2006-08-29 01:14

    You are going to take a 20% hit or more on it. The better idea is to buy another machine. So you have two machines. :yup

  2. #2CascadeScaper2006-08-29 03:09

    Yep, you'll take 15-20% off of what you paid for it, plus the sales tax. I wouldn't sell it, just rent larger machines when you need to. I've taken on some big jobs with smaller machines, just takes longer, that's all. If you're not running that machine 35+ hours a week, you definately don't need the time savings a larger machine would provide. And by the sounds of it, since you've only put 75 hours on it in the last few months, I can tell you that it would be a mistake to sell your machine just so you can finish jobs faster. It's the old "hurry up and wait" theory. Why buy a new machine just so you can finish a 3 day job in 2 days and then let the machine sit for the rest of the week? Doesn't pencil out.

  3. #3puredieselpower2006-08-29 18:36

    I use the machine for building pole buildings, it has been fine for the smaller buildings. Now I got a few bigger buildings, setting 8x8x30 with pole claw is a little challenging. Thought that the 250 would do better, plus I set truss with the machine (up to 50') so i thought the 250 would help there also.

  4. #4jazak2006-08-29 20:11

    Can't you trade it in? You shouldn't get that much of a price drop, no? When we traded or chippers in we got a fair price but then again this is totally different machinery with new hr.s.

  5. #5itsgottobegreen2006-08-29 21:59

    You really need to invest in a telehandler. Bobcat makes a really nice one.

  6. #6Dwan Hall2006-08-29 22:08

    Go back to the dealer you got it from. He swhould give you the best price avalable and he can eather put it in his rental fleet or sell it as a demo.

  7. #7Countryboy2006-08-30 00:26

    I agree with itsgottobegreen. 2 pieces of equipment are ALWAYS better than one.:naughty

  8. #8puredieselpower2006-08-31 17:01

    i paid 41,000 for machine, they told me today low 30's for it

  9. #9Orchard Ex2006-08-31 20:00

    So if the depreciation is constant rate it'll be worth $0 when it hits about 325 hrs? At that time I'll be glad to pay you double that and ride across the bridge to pick it up!:thumbsup Sounds like it's time to find a new brand of CTL, or at least a new dealer. The biggest depreciation hit is right after you buy it but staying brand/dealer loyal should be worth them cutting you some slack.

  10. #10itsgottobegreen2006-08-31 20:47

    Dude call my boy Robbie over at metro bobcat and see what he can do for you. 301 840 9300 He knows how to take care of his customers. :yup He might be able to get you a better deal on a trade in. When ever I need parts (dealer is a 2.1 hour round trip) he just takes them home and drops them off to me. (Its nice that he lives 1 mile from me:thumbsup ). He just had a T300 traded in (No cab/heat/AC) its got 625 hours $35,000.

  11. #11CascadeScaper2006-08-31 20:59

    Wow, never heard of 25% depreciation right out of the gates. I'd guess you could get $37,000 or so for it.

  12. #12puredieselpower2006-09-01 16:21

    Thanks, and does anyone know of anyone that needs a t-180, i take good care of all my stuff, it is practically new. Just out growing it. Thanks

  13. #13dayexco2006-09-01 17:11

    Auction Results You searched for: auction results BOBCAT where the model contains T 180 in the SKID STEER category Number of Matches: 2 This Page: 1 of 1 Email This Change Your Search View High-Low Average Print This Financial Calculator -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- YEAR MANUFACTURER MODEL PRICE (US $) LOCATION 2004 BOBCAT T180 $15,000 Online Auction S/N: 527513127, 777 hours, Enclosed cab w/heater Cat 3034 engine, aux. hyd., 12-16.5 Nortech tires, Online Auction. 8/24/2006. Machine located in IA Ironplanet Phone: (888)433-5426 Fax: (888)433-3467 Updated: Aug 31 2006 3:32PM BOBCAT T180 $20,000 FL S/N: 524211129, Auction: 2/5-12/2006 in Kissimmee, Florida Alex Lyon & Son Phone: (315)633-2944 Fax: (315)633-8010 Updated: Feb 8 2006 2:31PM it's crazy how machinery takes a beating the first couple of years

  14. #14puredieselpower2006-09-05 19:28

    They were to call me by last thursday with what they were going to do, haven't heard so Wed. I am going to start calling some other Bobcat dealers. Does anyone have a ballpark idea of what it is worth.

  15. #15dayexco2006-09-05 21:40

    puredieselpower go to www.machinerytrader.com click on "auction results"....narrow down to the manufacturer, model, yr of what you own, it'll tell you what machines similar to yours have brought on recent auctions.

  16. #16bobcatuser2006-09-05 22:43

    The dealers have a hard time selling machines that new because they offer better financing on brand new machines with full warranty. When the buyer compares a new vs. low hour machine. The new machine (with cheap financing) will work out to costing the same as the low hour machine. If you sold it privately it would be worth at least $38,000 US in BC.

  17. #17puredieselpower2006-09-06 06:55

    Thanks for the link, there was a 2005 open cab with 600 hrs for 28,000. I hope for 38,000. Thanks again, PDP ANYONE NEED A T-180?? OR KNOW ANYONE IN NEED OF ONE???

  18. #18puredieselpower2006-09-27 20:51

    They finally got back to me today on trade in price and price on the 250. Trade in 33,000 250 with same options as the 180 - 52,000

  19. #19miKe F.2006-10-16 22:06

    Just a thought but, if I was going to go bigger I would take a peek at a CASE or a Bobcat S300/T300. Personally, I'd rather have a big case or a big bobcat, and a small loader for light jobs. My boss has 2, and believe it or not we've been using the gigantic case less than we've been using our ASV track loader lately. The track loaders are definately nice since they dont rip everything to heck and leave ruts & tear grass, but its also nice to have a tire loader. Definately get overkill if your going to upgrade. Probably best if you buy another one. Cause what happens when you need to do a small job? I think the case loaders are really nice with the turbo cummins, and they are alot cheaper to buy (I think, not totally sure).