Hello, I have never owned/operated a skid steer before, and an looking into getting one. I would like it to be an older (late 90s up to 2010) mid-size, diesel skid steer. I would like to be able to run a backhoe, a grapple bucket, a tree puller/shear, and a normal bucket. I would like a high horsepower machine. And my budget is $15,000. Any recommendations would be appreciated thanks!
Check into 1845 case with 4bt cummins diesel. I have the smaller version 1840 with 4bt
no doubt in it. try bobcat s205.
The best high horsepower machines I have run are the CASE 70XT and 440. They are midsize machines with 90hp. There is nothing close when it comes to size verse hp. There wasn't when they were new and nothing since then especially since T4F. The 1845C only has 56 hp. Super dependable, but pretty weak on hp and lift capacity.
Bobcats rule around here the resale and quality there light years ahead of competition but some have electric issues with locks on hydraulics after years of wear and possible corroded i bypass mine not recommended for safety i dabble in fixing some bobcats in stone quarry area new holland you see now and again case very low market in my area but sell a lot fork lifts here
The best machine of any type will be the one with the best dealer support in your area. I've got a full service Cat dealer fifteen minutes from me and their support of their machines is second to none. It would help if you were to define what mid size means to you, usually defined by horsepower and machine lift capacity. I don't care for New Holland machines from that era, they're very noisy in the operator's seat and have a low break out force on the lift compared to other machines.