Just like the title says What is the Brake shoe thickness specification for a Case 580CK? My brakes where not working at all. Pulled it apart and they where covered in oil. After a good cleaning the brakes shoes and discs look fine and like they would have enough meat left. But figured I had best check before reinstalling it all.
Looks like plenty of wear left new there would be much more.
There is lots of material left on those as the rivets are still a ways down, but getting them really clean if they are badly oiled is another issue. I chose to replace mine. You will need to replace the leaking seals and O rings on both sides, which involves removing the bearing carrier plate. Keep the shims together for each side as they are critical for adjustment of the pinion.. Check your plug in the end of the side gear on the left side, make sure your thrust washers are not fibre like mine were... If you have the diff lock, there are two small seals inside the right side gear that should be replaced. Procedure is in the service manual for all this and some good posts here by 68 Case and a few on my 68 Case Project thread. Be sure the steel balls are clean and run free in both the drum and disc.. I did not lube my replacements but some have. I have not tried it before, but some have baked their shoes and discs to burn off the oil that surface cleaning didn't get.
IF your going to reuse them & I suggest you do, they look good.. Bake them in the oven w/ a pan underneath them.. it will sweat the oil out of them.. Lowest oven setting for an hr or so.. salt & pepper to taste.. enjoy..