Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the going rate for sand these days?

MattR ยท 2014-03-26 07:37

Hi, looking for a few opinions on how much sand is going for these days? Per yard sold to someone else at the pit. Loaded with my loader and loaded by themselves. Also, what do you guys charge by the hr for quad dumps, Cat D7, 4x4 backhoe, mid size excavator etc. ? Thanks again

Replies8
  1. #1grandpa2014-03-26 20:33

    I sell sand from a buck a yard for bank run all the way to USGA approved golf course sand at $30 a yard.... all sand is not created equal so a little more info please. In my area sand is a byproduct... in North Dakota its premium,,, so many variables.

  2. #2sheepfoot2014-03-26 21:26

    They are getting $5.50 a yard at one site, and $5.50 a ton at the other plant, what we call just a fill sand, they load it. I just placed a order for 700 yards to fill a pool 30x75x11. My trucking is also running around $5.50 a yard to deliver on a short run with quads.

  3. #3old-iron-habit2014-03-26 21:59

    We just bought 8,000 yds at .75 cents a yard for river run sand for foundation and building backfill on my current project. We loaded and hauled. Another sand pit had better sand for the same price but was 4 miles farther away. Both were well within spec.

  4. #4MattR2014-03-27 07:21

    Thanks for the info. We are in Upper MI. Not alot of sand around. Some spots have quite a bit and some have none. Have some guys looking for some and I have some so I thought I would at least do some research. Thanks again

  5. #5Turbo218352014-03-28 06:10

    Material costs is no different than bidding work. What does it cost you to make a material that meets spec? What are your labor, equipment, fuel, insurance, permits, etc cost? How much profit do you expect per ton/yard? Add them up. Figure out how much that costs per ton. Sell. Your other option is to call a few pits in the area and match their price, but no profit guarantee using that method as you are using their costs, not yours

  6. #6CaptainAnalyzer2014-04-06 03:33

    $57 for 18-20yds. Delivered in N. Illinois.

  7. #7AT&SW2014-04-06 12:39

    $3.00 yard at the pit plus trucking and tax

  8. #8tuney4432014-04-06 13:50

    All I can say is WOW! There's LOTS of different sands by me,from the cheapest unprocessed dead sand,app.$10 yd FOB at the gravel bank to mason sand which goes for app.$26 per yd,also picked up.I don't deliver for anything less than a Franklin.