Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the shift pattern on Case 580B CK with shuttle shift and 4 speed?

BartDHull ยท 2017-10-12 21:25

I have the owners manual and the service manual and can't find a shift pattern in either. It feels like I can go over further down and to the left than up and to the left. But it doesn't feel like first gear. Anybody have a pic of the shift pattern? Love the shuttle shift for moving dirt quickly, but I prefer the manual transmission for real digging with the loader. Bart D. Hull Phoenix, AZ

Replies3
  1. #1RDC_580C2017-10-12 23:58

    It's a pretty standard H pattern. 1 3 H 2 4 The shift lever is angled back, so it doesn't get in the way as much when you're in 1st and 3rd, so it will feel like it moves down more into 2nd and 4th than what it really is. You need to be stopped and in Neutral to get her into 1st all the way also, since it's not a fully synchronized transmission. The shift lever in my 580C was so sloppy and it spun all the way around that I tore the cover off and went over everything in there cleaning and regreasing it all, then making sure that set screw was adjusted so it didn't spin around.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2017-10-13 22:14

    There is a start position on some of these machines

  3. #3Grady2017-10-13 22:55

    Start position on my 580CK is up and to the left of 1st, I think. I disconnected the safety switch that only allowed it to start in that position so long ago I can barely recall. Manual trans and manual shuttle.