Have you heard about the Midnight Rider? It's the "world’s largest and grandest limousine", uh well, classified as a Tractor-Trailer Limousine.:wink2 Just wondering, how about the most expensive heavy equipment / construction equipment / earth movers? Any idea?:cool2 P.S. Just got the picture from the web. It's interesting, www.komatpillar.com
Most expensive? One that stays broke down or you can't get parts for.
Guess it would be the that German rotary coal shovel that likes to eat Dozers for breakfast?
Space shuttle is pretty exspensive !!!! It does have a crane on it LOL
I am also interested to hear what is the cheapest heavy equipment, while we are at it..
You'd have to ask the guys who borrow your machine over the weekend, do a project with it, and bring it back empty fuel tank!
This!!!!!
Winner!
CAT will not say that that machine caught on fire, (because that would mean a design flaw), they will say that a "Thermal Event" occured.
Well... can't say that I blame them. Odds are that this was operator/maint. error. Someone got in there and re-routed wires, an oil leak, leaves, etc - you know how these things go. Who is the more likely culprit? A 100 year old company with a fantastik international reputation for quality, or joe-blow oiler who works for a big company and doesn't really care.
Cheap to buy, just finding a good operator is next to impossible!LOL!
Hey, wait a minute... Is that made in China??:drinkup
you know I'm going to say the the most expensive piece of equipment is the one you use the least. Which will varry for everyone. For instance if you gave $20 for a hand shovel and never use it, just let it ride around in the truck, then replace it cause its rusty, was that not a waste of $20. Now If you bought a brand new cat d-11, but run it 20 - 24 hrs a day, 365 a year, and get paid for every hour, while it took alot of capital to aquire it, it pays for itself because its busy, unlike the rusty shovel.
Does that come with a operator's manual?
I am not that old, but my dad taught me how to use a shovel. It is just amazing how many times I have been working with guys in their early 20's that I have to stop and show them how to use the stupid thing. ointhead
yeah, I think you're right!:woohoo Because even if the equipment is expensive, but by using it, we get money that through time had paid our capital, then it's still worth it. To spend for something that we think we'll not use frequently, I think it's better to rent for it...:beerchug www.komatpillar.com
I don't know about prices but I think this list of construction and ag equipment classifications should help. It's from the Con Ag show in vegas: http://sparkah.com/guerrilla-marketing-strategies/construction-and-agriculture-equipment-list/
A perkins engine in any machine
I know who will get the blame, the mechanic who put that leak on the winter work list for the last five years and also told them that the belly pans should be droped and cleaned at least once a year if they keep running in the crap they are running in. Yes big machines will get dirty but that's no reason they have to stay that way year after year!
Now don't put that on us Mechanics we try ....who knows owner said we will fix it after next job is done 2 years later so that's 7 years now ...lol