Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is your favorite model?

D5G ยท 2009-07-30 18:43

So all of the collectors on this board, whats your favorite model? I have 3 375's that are among the top as well as the fleet of t800's I am accumulating. I have 2 t800s that will have dump trailers soon, and more t800s comming. So whats your favorite?

Replies29
  1. #1CAT D9H2009-07-30 22:43

    Ah man thats a tough one , I would say one of the D9H's I built :beatsme Its so hard to choose

  2. #2D5G2009-07-31 00:50

    I remember seeing some pics of them, they sure are nice, and definately something to be proud of!

  3. #3oakland2009-07-31 20:05

    I have a favorite in each of the categories of equip. But I am not sure I have an overall favorite I like my T-1255 Vermeer alot though,

  4. #4D5G2009-07-31 20:09

    Lets hear em all, oakland.

  5. #5CAT D9H2009-08-01 00:38

    :iagree I think the last time you seen a pic of one of those dozers they didnt have rippers yet ,I may just have to post a pic of one , Wouldnt mind seeing some pics of those T800's I havent seen any good ones of them yet

  6. #6D5G2009-08-01 01:15

    Ahh, that may be Cat, I would love to see some updated pics, I'll get some pics up of the twin T800's soon.

  7. #7daugherty1022009-08-01 04:18

    i can't choose between the two but my two favorites are a JCB 220 long reach and the new 950H Cat i just got

  8. #8awboat2009-08-04 23:23

    Without a doubt my Bucyrus 485HF. Then the RH 340. Next is the Liebherr 996. I like big stuff.

  9. #9WabcoMan2009-08-05 18:35

    I'm torn between my 1/25th Cat D9E & No.491 scraper and my 1/50th Allis-Chalmers TS-300 motor scraper (all made by First Gear). Fine examples of what can be achieved with research & care:my2c

  10. #10oakland2009-08-06 20:34

    alright, you asked for them :tong ill start with trucks, dump trucks-mack granite's lowboys- forest service mack granite scrapers- 657G dozers- D10T or the komatsu D51PX forest edition excavators- 330D cat graders- 14M cat loaders- 950H cat cranes- AC200-1 terex rollers- hamm HD-3412 would have replied sooner but i was'nt around ointhead

  11. #11dirtpusher92009-08-06 21:10

    Here are my two, out of my personal collection, but there are many more that I favor. 575A and 4100XPB 1/87.

  12. #12WabcoMan2009-08-06 23:20

    Hi Oakland, Impressive list but I gotta take you to task with that scraper. The Norscot 657G could have been a great model if Norscot had put a bit more effort into it. While it is a big impressive model it has many shortcomings: Ejector doesn't work and is not all the way back in the bowl. No hydraulic hoses of any sort - and lets face it, Cat scrapers are covered in hoses, especially over the hitch. Handrails way too thick The geometry of the steering isn't quite right either as you have difficulty getting a 90 degree swing either way. If you're prepared to put some time in, you can get a fairly accurate model of a 657G out of it. On the other hand you can buy a Spec Cast LeTourneau C Pull or First Gear Allis TS300 and pretty much display them straight from the box. I'm not averse to a bit of model modification if it will improve the lloks of an item - the NZG Cat 621, 627 and Arpra Cat 621R are perfect examples of that and with some extra parts & simulated hoses they look great - but I don't think that straight out of the box the Norscot 657G is all that good of a model, more of the basis of what a good model could be built from. :my2c

  13. #13oakland2009-08-07 00:08

    Wabco Man, I agree with you 100% their is no reason that norscot could not have put in extra time and money to fix these issues. I would have gladly bought a fleet of them, but with the lack of detail I will stick with two for the time being. From a distance they look okay though :beatsme

  14. #149420pullpan2009-08-07 09:53

    These are some of my favorites,

  15. #15D5G2009-08-07 11:45

    I like the window tinting 9420! Looks great.

  16. #16JDOFMEMI2009-08-07 13:26

    Boy, I don't know where to start. I think my favorite overall is the B-E 485 shovel. For graders, the new 14M is nice, but you can't move the blade far. The First Gear Komatsu's are more detailed and moveable. Haul Trucks, the new 960E Komatsu's are very nice, but I still think my favorite is the 797B Cat from NZG Loaders, 330E Volvo comes to mind. It has nice details. The big Cats do not quite get it. They look nice, but you can't get the boom all the way up, or the bucket dumped. Trucks, so far the DHS Pete's are great, but I should be getting my T-800's soon, and I am a KW guy, so it will be the new favorite. Dozers, the D-10T is very nice, and the larger ones stand out better on the shelf. Scrapers, from a distance the 657G, but up close, it leaves a lot to be desired. The Letourneau C-Pull looks really good. Excavators, my favorite is my 375, because it was my first excavator, and I have some of them in 1:1 as well. The 450 Deere/Hitachi is a very nice one as well. Water equipment, look at the HM 400 Komatsu with the Mega tanker on it. That is a nice rig. Then there are the cranes That is enough for a whole new topic, so I will save it.

  17. #17D5G2009-08-07 23:44

    Those 375 models are just plain awesome, I like the PC1100's too.

  18. #18cat345bl2009-08-08 12:42

    Loaders, cat 953b NZG, Cat 924g norscot Excavators. Hitachi ZX 450lc ertl, Cat 312bl nzg Dozers I have several but none are good. I should get a joal d5c. Cranes, Manitowoc 4100w standard. Trucks, Mack Garite in Red and black. Pavers Barber Greene NZG

  19. #199420pullpan2009-08-08 12:56

    thanks , I wish I could tint my 963D, but Norscot redesigned the windows they are too small for my big hands.

  20. #20stretch2009-08-08 19:46

    Love my (1/87) First Gear TD-25C, Athearn Mack R dump, and MOTOART Volvo EC240.

  21. #21D5G2009-08-09 13:25

    haha ohh well, that looks really cool.

  22. #229420pullpan2009-08-09 20:32

    i just thought of this i got some of that spray tint for my tail lights, i think im gonna have to try that.....

  23. #23Case 580e2009-08-31 10:29

    My favorite is the komatsu 1100 excavator the best one i bought

  24. #24Ruffasacob2009-09-13 21:55

    Here's a well loved Cat D7 my father brought home from a trade show in the 1950's.

  25. #25JDOFMEMI2009-09-13 22:02

    Here is a picture of my H-485 Demag shovel. It looked horrible with the rubber tracks on it, but I found a set of hand made brass tracks that make it look good.

  26. #26Bellboy2009-09-15 11:37

    My Doosan DX225LC, at long last . . . Will post pics

  27. #27Speedpup2009-09-19 21:35

    http://www.quikey-c.com/oshk/SKUDetailsOKSHFLUL900.Asp

  28. #28mikebramel2016-10-03 23:54

    Sorry to revive an old thread. But, Jerry, you should do a hand rail and plumb job on that model. You're a lucky one to find those tracks.

  29. #29Darkon2017-08-31 06:20

    It's hard to say