Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what is your preference JD 555G or Cat 939C

Woodstock ยท 2007-01-15 17:29

I am looking for a track loader. I am going to do a lot of clearing, stock tanks and loading dump trucks. I didn't know which would be better. The Cat has a hystat trans, and the John Deere is power shift with pedal steer. Which would you have more control over, and power. I know John Deere has the 605, but I did't want to spend that much money. They aslo no longer make the John Deere 555G either, but I know you can still get parts for a long time. Any suggustions? Thanks alot. Doyle

Replies1
  1. #1biggixxerjim2007-01-15 22:00

    I think the JD may be a better choice... I never ran a 939, but I have many D5's, and found that that particular trans has two speeds: fast, and too fast. Thats great if u were in the D5 spreading topsoil, but the JD has 4 forwards and reverse gears, much more choices for your application. Just my .02