Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What makes all idiot lights come on at once. Ford 555B

Farmagain ยท 2013-08-11 13:07

I was having an issue where my alternator, temp, tranny and air filter lights come on all at once. I could wiggle the key and they would go out. So I replaced the ignition switch. Now the lights go out after it starts but come back on in 15-20 seconds. I've cleaned all the connections on the switch, alternator and voltage regulator. I don't know where to go from here. Thanks for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1jimg9842013-08-11 18:17

    check plug in connections where it goes thru the firewall,,,, in the compartment below the steering wheel

  2. #2Farmagain2013-08-12 16:02

    Thanks Jim. It was the oil pressure sensor. I started checking out the alternator, then the oil pressure sensor and I found it was showing conductivity to ground both running and off. $5.29 later I am back in business. I still don't understand why 3 of the 4 idiot lights came on when only the oil pressure sensor was bad, but I'm back at work anyway. Thanks.

  3. #302Dmax2013-08-12 17:49

    the sensor was shorted and powering up the ground which is a common ground for those lights.