Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what model yanmar do I have?

custom ยท 2014-04-22 21:05

Have been in the market for a mini excavator for a short while. Found a yanmar with new paint and stickers said B3 at auction. Paint is right over the rust and all. Has just under 3000 hours. Can not find any label plate besides the one one the engine. Model: 3TN78L-RB 23 HP Displacement 1.232 l Engine # 02265 Found a stamp on main arm TN 23 Any help? Want to go thru it and get it right for work, but need a model and year to order parts.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1custom2014-04-23 20:36

    Only pictures I have of the machine have my son sitting on it. Anyone with any idea of the the model of this machine. I have been searching the net any only info I can find has it looking like a B27.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-04-23 23:52

    3TN78LDB, not RB, my guess is a YB251 Look like this one? http://www.sahaauc.com/auction_photo.php?AUCTION=FZ11&ID=6561

  3. #3Lil' Puss2014-04-24 00:00

    Well here's what a Yanmar B3 looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz1-THRWu2o

  4. #4Lil' Puss2014-04-24 00:28

    I concur.

  5. #5mikebramel2014-04-24 18:10

    B3,B5, B7 are all zero tail. With the sheet metal you definitely have a YB

  6. #6yanmarman2014-04-30 21:13

    Hello custom The serial number should be stamped on the side of the casting that the main boom connects to. Its been painted over, getting serial number will help tell you what you have. Try calling Dominon Equipment at phone number 877-828-7785 Ithink they will be able to tell you what model you have.I have used them to get parts for my yanmar excavator, very good service hope this helps you out

  7. #7custom2014-07-06 13:08

    Many thanks to all of you. Found a serial number I think 02255. Anyone know where I can find a service / parts manual for yb251?