Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What part am I missing on this backhoe?

Psyc-Hoe ยท 2026-07-13 11:16

New to me 1967 Case 530CK. I'm going through the Model 32 backhoe and it looks like I'm missing some sort of spacer where the bucket attaches? Also,what connection is this for and why would it be capped off? Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2026-07-13 13:49

    When I need a spacer that wide, I cut plain ole water pipe. With a pipe cutter ! Did the backhoe have , or used to have an extenda-hoe on it ?

  2. #2CM19952026-07-13 14:56

    What's missing? Grease.. X2 on what Tinkerer said. Cut some out of metal pipe. As far as the capped line it's probably for an extend a hoe or aux. hydraulics for hammers, ect.

  3. #3Psyc-Hoe2026-07-13 16:11

    Good question Tinkerer, I dont know much of the history so its been a lot of detective work.. looking at other's pics online to see what is supposed to be there. Good idea on a piece of straight pipe.. thanks. Hahaha! Yes, CM1995 grease is certainly lacking on this entire rig! I'm almost finished replacing all the seals on the cyclinders and I'll be replacing the broken/missing zerks thru out. Thanks!

  4. #4Welder Dave2026-07-13 17:24

    The holes on the vertical arms hanging down look completely swallowed out. Should be able to cut them bigger and weld bushings with the right size holes in. You could weld them up and drill new holes as another option.

  5. #5Psyc-Hoe2026-07-14 14:07

    Thanks for the reply Dave. Good eye. It certainly looks that way in the photo, but actually the insert (I call them races) is missing on that left side which makes it look swallowed out. Thanks again all!